VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am a novice video maker and been asked by a friend to film a Pro instructional dvd. I have a few cameras at my disposal and would like some input from people whom know what they are talking about. The 3 cameras I have are Panasonic HC-V720, Panasonic Lumix GH4 and a Sony nex-vg10. I also have a few different GoPro 3, 4 and 5's cameras at my disposal as well. I plan on running my audio mixed main outputs into my camera inputs via a BeachTek Preamp. I will be shooting indoors and have to shoot in slo-motion mode and very close up. This is for billiards so my max focal length would be approx 12 ft. What camera or cameras should I use and why? For post production I will be using Adobe Premiere CS5 as my editting software. I may have access to CS6. Do I need any type of special lense to shoot closeups and slo motion? I am using a MacBook Pro I7 processor with 12gb of ram for rendering and editting. Any information that you can share will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Take a look at the following site to learn about lenses. Your lens and lighting will have the biggest impact on the quality of your shoot. If you want closeup audio, too, you will need a shotgun microphone.

http://nofilmschool.com/2014/11/primer-focal-length-lenses
    Quote Quote