VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello and thanks for the forum support. I loaded my son a GoPro knockoff (called a Floureon) and the first two short videos he shot in the Galapagos recorded and play back but not all the other files (video and still) are not recognized. They seem to be tagged as the AVC1 video codec but while I just downloaded the latest K-Lite pack, NOTHING is able to recognize or play these files.

They are substantial in size (many over 300MB), so I "assume" there is actual data there but I have tried transcoding and/or playing with all the programs I can find with no luck... Suggestions?

Thanks!

Tom
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by foolery; 30th Apr 2017 at 12:37.
    Quote Quote  
  2. try a nightly build of vlc other than that sharing such a sample would allow other users to look at such a file,..
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Selur:

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry to be dense but what do you mean by a "nightly" build? Right now, VLC cannot recognize the files (like every other program)... I (think I) just uploaded a 5+GB file of the *.mp4 clips that won't play...

Thanks for the continued assists.
    Quote Quote  
  4. hat do you mean by a "nightly" build?
    -> http://nightlies.videolan.org/

I (think I) just uploaded a 5+GB file of the *.mp4 clips that won't play...
    When handling 4gb+ files be sure your file system isn't fat32 or something that doesn't support such files.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Bad news. There's nothing there (all 1's).
    Quote Quote  
  6. yup, no real data there.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Selur and Luke: You mean there's 5GB of 1s? I have some files that list as over 300GB...? That's a lot of crap data...?

Thanks again for the advice and info...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by foolery View Post
    Selur and Luke: You mean there's 5GB of 1s? I have some files that list as over 300GB...? That's a lot of crap data...?
    You keep writing GB but I assume you mean MB. The file you uploaded is 5MB, as you can see.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, sorry. I get too impressed with all my technology...
    Quote Quote  
  10. and yes, from the looks of it the whole file are just '1' (you can see that if you open the file in a HEX editor)
    Quote Quote