VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone !
    so, i'm trying to backup a dvd but it looks to be interlaced and i'm having problems to deinterlace it.
    i tried using yadif and qtgmc but it didn't work so i searched over the web and found information about inverse telecine (ivtc) and 3:2 pulldown.
    i tried to use tfm + tdecimate but it didn't work (or maybe i dont know how to use it, never ever used it, didn't even knew the term ivtc until 2 month ago when i started working on this nightmare.)

it is seriously one of the weirdest source i've came across.
    i'm using MeGUI (so avisynth-scriptable) and the source is supposed to be a region 1 ntsc DVD.

here's a sample : https://mega.nz/#!aU8ilZzL!FKlWwDLdz6a5md3lOcc3VPFcAihoJnft8yXlzF4f6gk
    i uploaded it in attachments for those who doesn't want to download it from mega.

anybody can help me ?

thanks alot !!
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That is the simplest type of video to IVTC: the pattern doesn't even change anywhere in the video and it's 100% film frame rate.

TFM interprets the blinds as combing and deinterlaces, and its built-in deinterlacing causes aliasing. You can just disable this with TFM(PP=0).

But better yet, if the pattern is indeed consistent throughout the entire video, do it manually. TFM/TDecimate can and will make errors that you can avoid by manually IVTCing.

On the sample, this is the correct Pulldown offset:
    Code:
    MPEG2Source("C:\Users\Brad\Downloads\title00cut.d2v")

DoubleWeave().Pulldown(2,4)
    EDIT: I should say, if the entire show isn't one single camera take like this 1 minute clip is, the pattern will probably break as soon as the camera angle changes.
    Last edited by Brad; 28th Apr 2017 at 23:57.
    Quote Quote  
  3. awesome ! thanks ! ill experiment with Pulldown for the rest of the video, the pattern change but i should be able to find it !
    thanks for guiding me !
    Quote Quote  
  4. TFM() usually works pretty well -- but the thin horizontal lines of the shades in that clip will confuse it, even with post processing turned off. The "manual" method given by vaporeon800 will work better. But it screw up on other parts of the video if there are any breaks in the pulldown pattern. You may need to work in segments to work around that.

Code:
    part1 = Trim(0,n-1).TFM()
    part2 = Trim(n,-1).DoubleWeave().Pulldown(2,4)
    part3 = Trim(m,0).TFM()

part1+part2+part3
    TDecimate()
    Quote Quote