VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I am using AnyDVD HD and tsmuxer (latest) to try and rip my Godfather Blu Ray to an M2TS file for my Plex server. The problem is, the process stops at 50% at the scene where Micheal is just about to kill the cop and Sollozzo. The process hangs then completes with no warning every time. I even tried the DVDFab Blu Ray ripping software on trial and it did the same thing. Is there a known issue with this? Disk is clean. Settings are the same as I have done with all the other Blu Rays in my collection that have had no issues.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Might be a defective disc
    Is he gone?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    You know, I just played it through the scene it freezes on the mux and, sure enough, there is a long pause right before Micheal shoots them. As if the laser is stuck as the drive is humming. Guess I never watched it all the way through to notice! Disk looks clean so it may be a pressing issue.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try cleaning the disc and see if that works.
    Use a lint free cloth & mild soap and water
    And clean from center to edge.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Set the ripper to ignore errors and continue. Set the retry count to a low value (if the disc doesn't read after a few retries it's not going to read after 20+ more).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks everyone. It is a defective disc. I will be replacing it with the manufacturer (I hope!!)
    Quote Quote