VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker or buy PlayOn and record Netflix! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Thread
  1. MeGUI will show some of the tools in the update window as "packaged disabled". If not now, it will at some stage. If you don't use a tool for a while MeGUI marks it as disabled so as not to update stuff unnecessarily, but if something has been marked as "package disabled" and you try to use it, it'll be re-enabled automatically and updated/installed as required. Or you can right click on any disabled packages to enable them manually and MeGUI will download/install them as required. The idea was to take some of the strain off the update servers rather than have everyone downloading/updating tools they're not using.

For MeGUI, "installed" means a tool listed in the update window has been downloaded by MeGUI and copied to it's own Tools folder. MeGUI doesn't install anything into Windows as such. The only exception is the Haali Media Splitter which is "installed", but it's probably disabled by default because it's not needed much these days.

Under Options/Settings and the "Extra Configuration" Tab there's an option for enabling Auto-Update and picking which update server to use. The stable update server gives you the latest stable MeGUI (included the various tools it uses), while the development update server gives you updated versions as soon as they're released (including the various tools), but as such there's more likely to be undiscovered bugs.

Under the Log tab (Main MeGUI window) and up the top, there's "versions" information. It'll tell you which "portable" Avisynth MeGUI has in it's Tools folder, which version of Avisynth you have installed and which one of those it's currently using. You can switch between any installed Avisynth (if you have it installed) or MeGUI's portably version via Options/Settings and the "always use the included Avisynth" checkbox. You don't need to install Avisynth. There's no difference if MeGUI uses it's portable version, but you need to install it if you want other programs to open Avisynth scripts too.

The portable Avisynth will probably be 2.6.0.6, which is the latest official version. Or it'll be AviSynth+ 0.1 (r2455) if you update via the development update server, but either is fine. I have the official Avisynth 2.6.0.6 installed and MeGUI is using it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    Calm down,
    take a deep breath and go ahead and help OP edit his video in Megui - "videoediting" software as you say. I'll check back later on Christmas how did it go.
    What was it about my post that gave you the impression I wasn't calm? Do you find step by step instructions unsettling in some way?

Likewise, you can help the OP with software that's so much easier to use it requires a tutorial for beginners while you race the trial period to the finish line, but you'll get there way before Xmas and MeGUi will still be able to edit.
    OP back. I may be stalling a bit just to avoid more frustration. But I came back in here
    to kudo this remark about racing the deadline while doing some tutorial. A good reason to follow the script path once I get one going.

After rereading a lot of this again I see things I missed. I can make a notepad file and
    find out to put it in virtual dub to "execute" which was bugging me about AVIsynth
    a version. I'll do that. Mentally I'm just slowing down-- not your fault and not mine either.
    Last edited by loninappleton; 2nd Jun 2017 at 14:13. Reason: spelling
    Quote Quote  
  3. Did it.
    It worked.

I made the notepad file with the simple version command in it and did the rename to avs and then run
    in Virtual Dub.

This looks like the old style .bat file used for-- BASIC (I guess.) If someone had described it that way I might be further along.

I saw the long posts above and not ready for that yet. I know others gave some simple code commands for fade in and fade out numerically.

Getting a work flow going is still a big task. If using Virtual Dub, will a script accomplish the
    fade in with audio and keep the job as one task? If not we are still finding a work flow like I would do with audio. A work flow is a process I can write down for my own guide as I've done with other new
    technique.

I just need a fade in first which will fade in both video and audio. The saving that which I don't know how many steps it might take.

There are script examples which I have seen at the AVI Synth Video Wiki page. Or is it better to build
    one from scratch with MeGUI?

Anyway I feel like I accomplished something.

One other thing: I know there was criticism of not decimating properly.
    My source is 16 x 9 and there is a breakdown of all the resolution numbers given from
    1920x1080 downward at this place:

https://antifreezedesign.wordpress.com/2011/05/13/permutations-of-1920x1080-for-perfec...aling-at-1-77/

I have used 768x432 for my current work. But lets stay on the fade in code if possible.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    But lets stay on the fade in code if possible.
    I already showed you over a month ago:

FadeIn0(45)

That fades in over 45 frames. If you want it by time (like 2 seconds), then it depends on the framerate. At 23.976fps, 2 seconds of fade in will be:

FadeIn0(48)

If the audio is in the script, the audio gets faded in as well. Here's an example:

A=AVISource("Movie.avi")
    B=WAVSource("Movie .wav")
    AudioDub(A,B)
    FadeIn0(48)

All these commands can be looked up at the AviSynth site for more information. Your source filter might be different, depending on the kind of video it is.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    MeGUI will show some of the tools in the update window as "packaged disabled". If not now, it will at some stage. If you don't use a tool for a while MeGUI marks it as disabled so as not to update stuff unnecessarily, but if something has been marked as "package disabled" and you try to use it, it'll be re-enabled automatically and updated/installed as required. Or you can right click on any disabled packages to enable them manually and MeGUI will download/install them as required. The idea was to take some of the strain off the update servers rather than have everyone downloading/updating tools they're not using.

For MeGUI, "installed" means a tool listed in the update window has been downloaded by MeGUI and copied to it's own Tools folder. MeGUI doesn't install anything into Windows as such. The only exception is the Haali Media Splitter which is "installed", but it's probably disabled by default because it's not needed much these days.

Under Options/Settings and the "Extra Configuration" Tab there's an option for enabling Auto-Update and picking which update server to use. The stable update server gives you the latest stable MeGUI (included the various tools it uses), while the development update server gives you updated versions as soon as they're released (including the various tools), but as such there's more likely to be undiscovered bugs.

Under the Log tab (Main MeGUI window) and up the top, there's "versions" information. It'll tell you which "portable" Avisynth MeGUI has in it's Tools folder, which version of Avisynth you have installed and which one of those it's currently using. You can switch between any installed Avisynth (if you have it installed) or MeGUI's portably version via Options/Settings and the "always use the included Avisynth" checkbox. You don't need to install Avisynth. There's no difference if MeGUI uses it's portable version, but you need to install it if you want other programs to open Avisynth scripts too.

The portable Avisynth will probably be 2.6.0.6, which is the latest official version. Or it'll be AviSynth+ 0.1 (r2455) if you update via the development update server, but either is fine. I have the official Avisynth 2.6.0.6 installed and MeGUI is using it.
    Again I'm catching up. I was not aware of all those things about MeGUI programs. But conversational explanations are much appreciated rather than trying to pick through a haystack of subheadings.

You said MeGUI installs it's own AVISynth outside of Windows. manono said I had the wrong AVI Synth installed (which seems never ending as to versions.) Should clean off anything
    and reinstall from the VH software? That will be a new start.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    But lets stay on the fade in code if possible.
    I already showed you over a month ago:

FadeIn0(45)

That fades in over 45 frames. If you want it by time (like 2 seconds), then it depends on the framerate. At 23.976fps, 2 seconds of fade in will be:

FadeIn0(48)

If the audio is in the script, the audio gets faded in as well. Here's an example:

A=AVISource("Movie.avi")
    B=WAVSource("Movie .wav")
    AudioDub(A,B)
    FadeIn0(48)

All these commands can be looked up at the AviSynth site for more information. Your source filter might be different, depending on the kind of video it is.
    Well I don't have total recall. But I did look back at post # 60. I have a job where the audio sync is way off and will require a fix. The expression at post 60 seemed to hint at that.

Also in a different job I took your advice after seeing some image stutter. The Original on that one is 25 fps and I'm recoding with that while reducing the size. This is a totally separate issue from the audio sync so one thing at a time in baby steps.

Can I take what you have above, paste to Notepad, Change to AVS and run on a sample?

Example:

Make AVS in notepad as described. Save

Virtual Dub > File > Open video file navigate to the AVS

Then load the Sample? Or load Sample and then load the script file? I'm not clear
    at all on when the script changes the Source.

then Save As ExampleFade.

I saw elsewhere that full stream processing has to be set for these scripts to run.

Anything else to just see a fade in happen?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    I have a job where the audio sync is way off and will require a fix.
    You can fix the audio in a WAV editor such as Audacity. With the audio in the script, if it's a constant delay (off by the same amount all the way through) you can also fix it in the script. Say the audio plays half a second (500 ms) after the lips move:

A=AVISource("Movie.avi").
    B=WAVSource("Movie Final.wav")
    B=B.DelayAudio(-0.500)
    AudioDub(A,B)

That has it play half a second earlier. DelayAudio is just one of the many audio filters available for AviSynth.
    Can I take what you have above, paste to Notepad, Change to AVS and run on a sample?
    Yes, if the source filter (AVISource in the examples I've used) is appropriate for the video. AVISource will work on such video codecs as XviD, DivX, DV AVI, and lots of the lossless AVI codecs. It won't work on DVD sources. For those you'll need MPEG2Source (and a couple of other things).

Yes.
    Then load the Sample?
    The AVS file is treated as if it is the video. Therefore it is your sample. If I'm understanding you correctly.
    Just add the appropriate Fade line to your script.
    I saw elsewhere that full stream processing has to be set for these scripts to run.
    You'll want to set Video for 'Fast recompress' when using AviSynth scripts in VDub.
    You could have tried it out a very long time ago. You won't break anything if it doesn't open in VDub. Just come back here with your full script and the error message VDub gave you. Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  8. For this help I will relent and look at the AVS help page you showed above. I'm not nearly out of the woods yet.

On the Audio, I don't know a better way to find my sync than to use the VLC forward/back keys
    of "J" and "K" to find out how far off it is by experiment.

Somebody mentioned Christmas above as an ETA. That might be close. I'm not quite at the state of forgetting where I live yet, but me doing this is not like the average high school grad or college kid either.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    On the Audio, I don't know a better way to find my sync than to use the VLC forward/back keys
    of "J" and "K" to find out how far off it is by experiment.
    I do something similar myself. I often play the video in MPC-HC and adjust the delay using the + and - keys in 10ms increments. However, you can also play that script as a video in MPC-HC or other players that can open AviSynth scripts. You could play this just as if it's a video:

B=B.DelayAudio(-0.500)
    AudioDub(A,B)

But when I really want to zoom in on the delay, I add AviSynth's AudioGraph filter, which shows a waveform superimposed over the video so you can adjust the delay to get pretty close to exact (with the understanding that video frames are roughly 40ms apart).

A=AVISource("Movie Final.avi").ConvertToYUY2()
    #B=B.DelayAudio(0.08)
    AudioDub(A,B)
    AudioGraph(2)

Below are three successive frames of a gun being fired (always a good way to get close to the actual delay):
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	41794  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	41795  

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	41796  

Quote Quote  
  10. Still reviewing and haven't done a sample yet.
    I'm back in here to say that that media I had with the audio way off in the
    original 1920x1080 came in sync with the Handbrake treatment of recode
    to 768x432 and same frame rate as original at Constant Quality 24.

What would account for the _correction_ while recoding?

Please just ignore my delays. Other things need doing just now.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    What would account for the _correction_ while recoding?
    My guess is it was in synch all along and your computer and/or your player and its settings couldn't keep up when playing the hi-def version. Of course, the reencode didn't magically adjust the audio synch.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    I have a job where the audio sync is way off and will require a fix.
    You can fix the audio in a WAV editor such as Audacity. With the audio in the script, if it's a constant delay (off by the same amount all the way through) you can also fix it in the script. Say the audio plays half a second (500 ms) after the lips move:

B=B.DelayAudio(-0.500)
    AudioDub(A,B)

That has it play half a second earlier. DelayAudio is just one of the many audio filters available for AviSynth.
    Yes, if the source filter (AVISource in the examples I've used) is appropriate for the video. AVISource will work on such video codecs as XviD, DivX, DV AVI, and lots of the lossless AVI codecs. It won't work on DVD sources. For those you'll need MPEG2Source (and a couple of other things).

Yes.
    Then load the Sample?
    The AVS file is treated as if it is the video. Therefore it is your sample. If I'm understanding you correctly.
    Just add the appropriate Fade line to your script.
    You'll want to set Video for 'Fast recompress' when using AviSynth scripts in VDub.
    You could have tried it out a very long time ago. You won't break anything if it doesn't open in VDub. Just come back here with your full script and the error message VDub gave you. Good luck.
    Apologies fro quoting all this but I think I'm getting an understanding of how the script or batch file works.
    The AVISource instruction beginning with the file name executes on the file independent of VirtualDub, yes?

I'm almost ready to stick my toe in.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    The AVISource instruction beginning with the file name executes on the file independent of VirtualDub, yes?
    Yes. As I've already mentioned, an AviSynth script can be opened in anything that accepts AviSynth scripts as input. This includes any number of encoders besides VDub (I often use scripts to encode through Ripbot264 or HCEnc or CCE, besides VDub) and any number of players (I often play the scripts in MPC-HC). There is nothing in AviSynth that's specific to or requires the use of VDub, although VDub-specific filters can be adapted for use in an AviSynth script.

But, I work on my scripts in VDub, and VDub is about the best in determining what might be wrong with a script because it gives out with good error messages (usually) to help pinpoint what might be wrong with a bad script.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I went to the tutorial. I like the part where the first word is Basically. I think that's what stopped me other times.
    I have to go take my pill. Will make a printout after I run find and replace.

Truthfully I had other things to do but do want to get to those fades. It's just the process that seems confusing. If I get through one, things will smooth out.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I've begun reading the wiki for avisynth. Over and over I see the term source filter and you use it as well.

They use the same exercise as in this discussion with Version().
    That's a source filter according to them. The source filter acts to do something but
    the terminology is still daunting.

Is FadeIn then the source filter in my desired avisynth script?

AviSource is for Avi sources-- at least in the tutorial. My sources are, at this
    time, MKV. I know it's a container (and my routine of using Toolnix is unsophisticated.)

What is the Source Filter then for an MKV or an MP4? I may start using MP4 in Handbrake,
    then use the Toolnix to construct the MKV package with my (usually changed) audio.
    Quote Quote  
  16. FadeIn() is not a source filter because it needs video input from another AviSynth filter. You can't fade without any input. AviSource() or version() don't need any other filter who serves them video or audio.

There are many different source filters to choose from. One of the most - if not the most - popular one is ffms2 (based on ffmpeg). It opens mkv, mp4, avi ... (depending on what's in the container). Usage:
    Code:
    a=ffaudiosource("source.mkv")
    v=ffvideosource("source.mkv")
    AudioDub(v, a)
    or if you only need video:
    Code:
    ffvideosource("source.mkv")
    ffms2 download
    Quote Quote  
  17. @sneaker

Baby steps for Lon.
    I've gotten the Grammar page and some others from the avisynth "getting started" wiki.

Slow going so thanks for responding.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Source filters are those that open a video or audio source. Some source filters:

Code:
    AviSource()
    DirectShowSource()
    Mpeg2Source()
    ffVideoSource()
    ffAudioSource()
    LSmashVideoSource()
    LSmashAudioSource()
    LWLibavVideoSource()
    LWLibavAudioSource()
    NicAC3Source()
    Only the first two of those are built into AviSynth. All the others are third party filters.

There are some special purpose source filters like:

Code:
    BlankClip()
    ColorBars()
    ColorBarsHD()
    These create video and audio streams and are all built into AviSynth.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Continuing on Source filters I see some additional info is added again.
    The process of all this software install is far from direct.

I came in here to say that from previous posts I just got the ffms (current edition) suggested above for working with mkv rather than AVISource.

It downloaded to the desktop I unzipped it. The folder has a couple exe.s for x32 x64. The dependency is FFmpeg as I understand it. What is the correct method for installing?

Elsewhere I've assembled some tutorial materials for myself. But none of these getting started how-to's show how to install what is needed.

And for hello_hello Does all this ffms etc install as a part of MeGUI which is supposed to
    aggregate features?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    It downloaded to the desktop I unzipped it. The folder has a couple exe.s for x32 x64. The dependency is FFmpeg as I understand it. What is the correct method for installing?
    Put "ffms2.dll" (from "x86" folder) and "FFMS2.avsi" into your AviSynth plugin folder (usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins").
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Put "ffms2.dll" (from "x86" folder) and "FFMS2.avsi" into your AviSynth plugin folder (usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins").
    Thanks I'll follow the instruction. But this desktop folder, it can be moved to programs then?
    I'd move the folder first to get it off the desktop.

And the FFmpeg?

It's slow going but I'm in no rush. Also have to put the proper AVISynth where it needs to go
    and eliminate AVSPlus and other mistakes for a clean install.
    Quote Quote  
  22. "ffms2.dll" and "FFMS2.avsi" are files, not folders. You don't need to move any folders.

And the FFmpeg?
    You only need the two files I mentioned. Others can be deleted/ignored/whatever. (Actually, even "FFMS2.avsi" isn't needed either. Just some helper functions. Not important for you to know the details. So only "ffms2.dll" is all you really need.)
    Quote Quote  
  23. For the AVISynth and ffms--

I did some needed housecleaning of programs and so did that and installed the AVIsynth 2.6 from videohelp.

Then I put the two files ffms.dll and ffms.avisi in the programs x86 avisyth plugins folder.

The folder now reads

Colors_rgb.avsi
    DirectshowSource.dll
    ffms2.dll
    ffm22.lib
    TCPDelivery.dll

When I finally get a script file made, I'll come back with that. I have some tutorial pages to catch up on I can read from paper which is easier to do
    Quote Quote  
  24. That's an example of why I suggested using MeGUI to begin with. When you open a file via the File/Open menu, or using the File Indexer directly, after adding the indexing job to the queue and running it, the Script Creator will open and the appropriate source filter will be automatically added to the script.

Or create a script with Notepad yourself containing something similar to the following (pointing to a video on your PC), save it, then open it with MPC-HC or VirtualDub or AVSPMod etc, and because ffms2 is in the Avisynth plugins folder it should automatically load as soon as you open the script, and if no index file exists for the video you're trying to open, ffms2 will index it (so the program opening the script may appear to freeze for a while the first time, but it'll be waiting for the index file to be created).

FFVideoSource("D:\video.mkv", threads=1)

If MeGUI opened the same video, it'd add this to the script, because it assumes it has to load ffms2 from it's own tools folder (MeGUI\tools\ffms).

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\ffms\ffms2.dll") # or wherever you have MeGUI on your PC.

That'll open the video without any audio.

Alternatively, you can use FFmpegSource2 instead of FFVideoSource as the source filter. FFmpegSource2 will get ffms2 to open the audio and video together. Except for reasons that I guess must have made sense to someone at some time, the audio is disabled by default, so you need to use "atrack" to enable it.
    Once again, the first time the following script is opened there'll be a pause until the video and audio have been indexed.

FFmpegSource2("D:\video.mkv", threads=1, atrack=-1)
    Quote Quote  
  25. Thanks for continuing the dialog on this. I intend to use the MeGUI at some point.
    To think it all started with a cropping question.

More than being worried about making mistakes I have just slowed down. You may note that after pages and pages I'm doing what I've done with other new procedures which is starting from scratch and making a pattern to follow. It's the only way I can do it. I am not at the ahah moment on it all so I do a little at a time.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    That's an example of why I suggested using MeGUI to begin with. When you open a file via the File/Open menu, or using the File Indexer directly, after adding the indexing job to the queue and running it, the Script Creator will open and the appropriate source filter will be automatically added to the script.

Or create a script with Notepad yourself containing something similar to the following (pointing to a video on your PC), save it, then open it with MPC-HC or VirtualDub or AVSPMod etc, and because ffms2 is in the Avisynth plugins folder it should automatically load as soon as you open the script, and if no index file exists for the video you're trying to open, ffms2 will index it (so the program opening the script may appear to freeze for a while the first time, but it'll be waiting for the index file to be created).

If MeGUI opened the same video, it'd add this to the script, because it assumes it has to load ffms2 from it's own tools folder (MeGUI\tools\ffms).

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\ffms\ffms2.dll") # or wherever you have MeGUI on your PC.

That'll open the video without any audio.

Alternatively, you can use FFmpegSource2 instead of FFVideoSource as the source filter. FFmpegSource2 will get ffms2 to open the audio and video together. Except for reasons that I guess must have made sense to someone at some time, the audio is disabled by default, so you need to use "atrack" to enable it.
    Once again, the first time the following script is opened there'll be a pause until the video and audio have been indexed.

FFmpegSource2("D:\video.mkv", threads=1, atrack=-1)
    I zeroed in on this today.

Previously manono had many examples of WAVSource for audio.
    What if my audio source is MP3?

In my audio enhancement for voice, the program called Levelator is used on a WAV
    file made in Goldwave usually from an AAC source. All this is done since (I guess) AAC is proprietary so these changes I've adopted.

No yelling needed if this is wrong. It's just the only way I know to get my job done.

To get the size down from WAV I make a final Save As version in MP3 and have occassionally even used OGG. Then replace the original AAC with MP3 in Toolnix.

If I have a final edit with all these changes and need to use AVISynth to make a video and audio fade using Virtual Dub, will the example above containing "atrack" find the final MP3 audio file?

The point is keeping the Levelator routine in the mix. I have to have that step and it uses WAV.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    What if my audio source is MP3?
    Since you'll be working on the WAV file, it's a simple matter to convert MP3 to WAV audio. If the MP3 is in the video, I use AoA Audio Extractor Basic to extract it and convert to WAV audio at the same time.

If for some reason you want to use MP3 in your script, NicAudio and NicMPG123Source can handle it.
    Quote Quote  
  28. MeGUI usually processes the audio and video separately, but you should be able to load any script that includes the audio into the audio section, or load just load your wave file into the audio section for re-encoding.

After you create a script to encode the whole video with MeGUI, you can use MeGUI's AVS Cutter to add edits to the script. That way you're editing by only encoding the bits you want rather than editing the source before encoding it. The AVS Cutter can add fades to those edits. It'll also save the edits as a "cuts file" that you can load into the audio section along with your wave file for converting to MP3. The cuts file will include the same fades, so even though MeGUI encodes the audio and video separately, the cuts file will ensure they much up. I explained the process a while back. https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/383349-Cropping-the-top-of-frame-in-Handbrake/page3#post2486847

MeGUI's AVS Cutter is very much like using VirtualDub to edit, only it doesn't show you the wrong frames if you navigate back and forth as VirtualDub can (depending on the coded and decoder).
    Quote Quote  
  29. The smorgasbord just grows and grows. I think about all this a lot but haven't committed to
    'composition' of anything.

We've seen a change from AVISource to FFms etc and other new stuff to work with
    mp3.

I'm going to make a sample of the original problem piece to do just a fade in.
    What made it problematic was in live shoots they do cross fades and so no good
    transition into the main content. That's where all this started. So a fade in for audio and video.

There's lots of different demuxing tools to show a screen shot of what is actually
    to be worked on. I know Toolnix shows all the file elements: video, subtitle -f any and audio.
    Which displays best to show me how to compose a script?

Also just to see what happens I'll use one of those canned scripts from the wiki.
    Only lately have I seen that can be dragged into Virtual Dub (that old Version one) and will show a completion.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Today I made a sample which is just a snip from a larger piece.
    But it is the item that started this inquiry.

To see something happen I grabbed one of the sample avs files from AVS wiki
    and simply dragged it into virtual dub with my sn ip loaded.

I saw that the wrong source filter was in there from what was discussed here.
    When I tried to fix it it with code given here, something was off since I got the
    "could not find the file" error from AVS in Virtual Dub.

That's where I am. Like I said I would make a screen shot of Toolnix or other demuxer to show the exact file content as the script is built. Then perhaps the script can be loaded into
    MeGUI. Right now I'm just struggling with syntax.

What syntax is used for that FFms source discussed? I recall you showed a sample code but without a lot of backtracking how is it supposed to look? This where I am-- at the first line of
    script with an error. Or should as the Filter Introduction at wiki says, use DirectShowSource? How to install that? etc. My first script line is still looking for a 2 minute mkv.

The rest of the short fade in fade out script in the sample looked pretty straighforward
    as to code.

Here is what I was playing with for an .mkv:

ffVideoSource("Shakespeare Lives ****************sample*.mkv")

# fade-in the first 15 frames from black
    FadeIn(15)

# fade-out the last 15 frames to black
    FadeOut(15)

#ffAudioSource()

---

There error is given from the install procdure which I used from
    your instruction earlier and that's the only dll pattern added to the
    original AVISynth 2,6 download.

Lots of description but i can'\t do it any other way.

the fade instructions are from the sample cut and pasted to what
    I have here
    Quote Quote