VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys, I’m afraid I need some help. I’ve been using megui (with avisynth installed) quite happily since first being instructed on the subject in this old thread:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/377869-MeGUI-my-first-use-of-it-and-some-questions

After switching to Windows 10 with a ‘clean install’ I’ve had to reinstall avisynth but I’m having trouble working out how to get QTGMC. I originally had QTGMC-3.33 as you see from post #15 of the above thread but on this page:
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/QTGMC
    The link to 3.33 leads only to a page of text. So I downloaded 3.32 (the one that says ‘with English instructions’) and the zip file contained a text file and a link to this page:
    file:///E:/QTGMC-3.32.html (you'll have to copy/paste as I couldn't get it to hyperlink, sorry)

I’m frustrated that I managed to set this up before but can’t fathom it out now. Accordingly, I’d be extremely grateful if someone would walk me through the correct installation of QTGMC within avisynth so that I may use it with megui.

Thank you very much!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Here are links to the newest needed plugin versions. Hope that helps. Delete all the old stuff you have.

Otherwise try using it through StaxRip with VapourSynth. The author has been meticulous in getting everything to make QTGMC work out-of-the-box. (I don't know if he also added it for AviSynth but it is easy to use even without VapourSynth knowledge.)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi sneaker and thanks (I think..)

Your first link takes me to a zip file called QTGMC 3.357s.zip but all it contains is a text file called QTGMC.avsi and I don’t know where to go from there…

I like megui and want to stick with it if possible but if staxrip is better (I‘ve seen others singing its praises) then I’m prepared to give it a go. But what do you mean by “use it through vapoursynth”?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by pooksahib View Post
    I originally had QTGMC-3.33 as you see from post #15 of the above thread but on this page:
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/QTGMC
    Note the "Plugin Packages" on that page

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/QTGMC#Plugin_packages
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks, jagabo, I think that’s put me on the right road. I downloaded the first of the two packages (Plugin Package with all Requirements) and distributed the contents as directed. When I ran megui with a QTGMC command I got an error “There is no function named RemoveGrain” so I found a package called RemoveGrain and put the contents to the avisynth plugins folder.

When I ran megui again the error was “There is no function named Dither_Luma_Rebuild” but I can’t find a package with that dll.

Am I doing the right thing, adding packages to the avisynth plugin folder whenever there’s a message saying “There is no function named...”?

If so, then where can I find Dither_Luma_Rebuild?

And just to be clear – QTGMC itself is not a dll, it’s an avsi file, is that correct? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by pooksahib View Post
    Am I doing the right thing, adding packages to the avisynth plugin folder whenever there’s a message saying “There is no function named...”?
    Well, personally I prefer LoadPlugin over autoloading, for many reasons. I would rather be in control of what DLLs load, thankyouverymuch.
    But many prefer autoloading. Freedom of choice, baby yeah.

Originally Posted by pooksahib View Post
    the error was “There is no function named Dither_Luma_Rebuild” but I can’t find a package with that dll.
    Searched inside QTGMC.avsi and found the line "dither_luma_rebuild (from SMDegrain)" in the change log. So it's SMDegrain!

To get the latest version, search for "SMDegrain" on this wiki page - it's gonna lead you to the latest version almost every time. (aah, I see I need to update)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Not this time, though. If you follow my link you will get the latest stuff.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi raffriff42 and thanks. No more 'dither' error but now I have 'MDgrain1 does not have a named argument "lsb"'. I can't google an answer, does anyone here know how to fix?
    (Incidentally, how exactly do you use LoadPlugin? I mean, avisynth doesn't have a GUI...) Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I’ve spent way too much time on this but it’s not been in vain. Referring back to the advice of hello_hello in that old thread, I found I needed to install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012. Then I needed to replace RemoveGrain, Repair and VerticalCleaner with RGTools.

My megui will now load a script containing QTGMC(). Yay! Unfortunately, I’ve given myself QTGMCv3.32 when the latest version appears to be 3.357. With luck, all I need to do is copy over the latest QTGMC avsi file but from what I’m reading here:
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174544
    I may need to upgrade one or both of masktools and mvtools.

I need to get some sleep first...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by pooksahib View Post
    (Incidentally, how exactly do you use LoadPlugin? I mean, avisynth doesn't have a GUI...)
    He's suggesting you have the LoadPlugin lines in your script, rather than depending on the filters to autoload. I do it that way myself.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thanks, manono, I’ll come back to that later. For now, I’d like to get QTGMCv3.357 to work. In the avisynth plugin folder, I replaced the QTGMCv3.32avsi with the 3.357avsi and got the error “There is no function named Dither_Luma_Rebuild” and so added the SMDegrain.avsi per raffriff’s suggestion. This led to the error "mdegrain1 does not have a named argument lsb".

I can’t seem to google myself out of that one – can anyone help? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Success – I’ve managed to upgrade my QTGMC from v3.32 to v3.357. This involved:
    Copying over the latest QTGMC avsi.
    Replacing the existing mvtools2.dll with latest version of mvtools2 (v2.7.15.22).
    Replacing the existing NNEDI3.dll with latest version of NNEDI3 (v0.9.4.40).

I’m interested about using LoadPlugin with QTGMC. At present, I have QTGMC included in the avisynth plugins folder and, when I need it, I simply put QTGMC() into the script which I make with megui. Is this what you refer to as ‘autoloading’?

I DO use LoadPlugin but only for audio purposes e.g.:
    LoadPlugin("E:\MeGUI\tools\avisynth_plugin\NicAudi o.dll")
    LoadPlugin("E:\MeGUI\tools\dgindex\DGDecode.dll")
    a=DGDecode_mpeg2source("E:\video.d2v")
    b=NicAC3Source("E:\audio.ac3")
    audiodub(a,b)

As I see it, if you use the LoadPlugin command, the plugin must be stored somewhere and AviSynth/plugins is surely as good a place as any?

If I were to call up QTGMC via LoadPlugin what changes would I need to make to my setup? I thought it might simply be a case of storing QTGMC inside megui’s own plugin folder but QTGMC is not a dll, it’s anavsi…

My continued thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  13. It sounds like you need the 16bit version of MVTools2. I've been using the version here with QTGMC 3.357s without issue, but this seems to be the newest & recommended version. I just swapped the older version out for the new one and QTGMC has continued working.

Edit: Seems I was too slow and you've already worked it out.

Edit: LOL. An hour after I linked to the latest version of MVTool2, along came a new version. I've updated the link above.
    pooksahib, if you're still using MVTools2 2.7.15.22 you might want to update it.
    Last edited by hello_hello; 23rd Apr 2017 at 04:20.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I stumbled on this page today. If you're wanting the latest and greatest plugins, this is probably a good place to look. It specifically mentions 64 bit plugins, but so far all the ones I've downloaded have come in 32 bit flavours too.

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/AviSynth%2B#AviSynth.2B_x64_plugins
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hello hello_hello, nice to see you again and thanks for being prepared to help me out. My apologies if I wasted your time!

Nice link, never knew there were so many plugins available. My needs aren’t fancy, just a deinterlacer, cropper, volume adjuster, slo-mo and, once in a while, Tweak where the picture is too saturated.

I take it no-one really uses 64-bit avisynth (given that this page relegates it to ‘other downloads’)?:
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/Avisynth

What’s your view on calling up QTGMC when using megui? Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    ...if you're still using MVTools2 2.7.15.22 you might want to update it.
    2.7.16.22 put a vertical bar on the RH side of my preview so I went back to 2.7.15.22.
    Last edited by pooksahib; 23rd Apr 2017 at 08:08.
    Quote Quote  
  17. It might be MeGUI oddness, if you're referring to it's preview. I can't use DitherTools version 1.27.2 because MeGUI crashes every time I close a video preview (I can open the same script with MPC-HC and it's fine) and that gets old fast. Version 1.27.1 works fine (I'm using XP).

As far as QTGMC goes, I'm too lazy to load plugins every time I want to use it, so I stick everything in the auto-loading plugins folder and just use it by adding it manually to a script like this:
    QTGMC()
    or something along those lines.

If you want to try some auto-cropping, have a look at the script I finished recently.
    I mostly just use it for simple stuff myself, such as cropping and resizing to particular dimensions. I just finished re-encoding a bunch of videos of odd sizes, such as 1280x712 or 1272x716 etc and it's handy being able to stick the following in a script and not have to worry about cropping manually or calculating resizing and aspect errors etc.

CRB(1280,720)

64 bit Avisynth+ is the Avisynth version mentioned on that page. It's currently heading the doom9 poll for most used version of Avisynth. I'm just using the standard 32 bit version on XP. There seems to be some active 64 bit Avisynth+ and plugins development happening at the moment (which I assume is the reason for that page), as the official AVIsynth doesn't appear to be progressing much.
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174532
    MeGUI switched to 32 bit Avisynth+ last time I updated it (for it's portable version), rather than the standard version. I'm not sure why exactly.
    Last edited by hello_hello; 23rd Apr 2017 at 06:06.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Man, that looks like a lot of effort has gone into that script. Well done, if it does what you wanted it to. Me, I just crop as and when needed (removing black borders usually) and don't mind what dimensions the final result has.

I'm still curious as to how raffriff and manono use LoadPlugin for QTGMC. I may be wrong (probably) but aren't the plugins you call up in that manner dll files? Whereas there's no such thing as QTGMC.dll....?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by pooksahib View Post
    I'm still curious as to how raffriff and manono use LoadPlugin for QTGMC. I may be wrong (probably) but aren't the plugins you call up in that manner dll files? Whereas there's no such thing as QTGMC.dll....?
    They use LoadPlugin() to load all the dll files that QTGMC uses. They use import() to import AVS or AVIS scripts.

With a normal AviSynth installation (megui's private AviSynth may work differently) AviSynth automatically loads all dll plugins and AVSI scripts located in its plugins folder. If your files are elsewhere you need to load them manually within your script. Autoloading of plugins can lead to problems when different filters require different versions of other plugins.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Thanks for that, jagabo. I'll stick with my current method of adding QTGMC() to a script created with megui. It's straightforward and hasn't given me any problems.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by pooksahib View Post
    Man, that looks like a lot of effort has gone into that script. Well done, if it does what you wanted it to. Me, I just crop as and when needed (removing black borders usually) and don't mind what dimensions the final result has.
    Even easier. The script will just crop the black for you and not resize anything if you use it like this

CRB()
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by pooksahib View Post
    Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    ...if you're still using MVTools2 2.7.15.22 you might want to update it.
    2.7.16.22 put a vertical bar on the RH side of my preview so I went back to 2.7.15.22.
    Looks like that was a MVTools2 problem and it's been fixed with version 2.7.17.22
    https://github.com/pinterf/mvtools/releases
    Last edited by hello_hello; 29th Apr 2017 at 11:38.
    Quote Quote  
  23. I uploaded a new zip file containing QTGMC and all it's required plugins. Current versions 2017-04-29. The separate text file contains a list of the plugins and individual links.

Edit: There's a link to a slightly newer plugin pack a couple of posts down

QTGMC 3.357s Plugin Links 2017-04-29.txt

QTGMC 3.357s & Plugins 2017-04-29.zip (20.4MB)

Click image for larger version

Name:	QTGMC.gif
Views:	258
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	41435
    Last edited by hello_hello; 2nd May 2017 at 14:31.
    Quote Quote  
  24. I added a text file with a list of plugns and links to the post above, and a screenshot of the contents of the zip file.
    Quote Quote  
  25. An updated version of the plugin pack. If you downloaded the recent one labelled "QTGMC 3.357s & Plugins 2017-04-29.zip" (a couple of posts above) there's no need to download the new one. Of course you can if you wish to, or just grab the two updated plugins:

The only changes from the previous pack are:
    yadifmod2 has been updated from version 0.0.4-1 to version 0.2 built by real.finder (a new readme is included in the new plugin pack). real.finder has stated it is indeed version 0.2, even though if you check the dll properties it shows version 0.0.2.
    Currently the QTGMC wiki still links to the older version.

eeid2 has been changed to EEDI2_092_ICL11 as it's the same version linked to in the new QTGMC wiki (still a work in progress, apparently). I don't think it matters which version you use though.

Once again QTGMC, SMDegrain and AnimeTIVTC all come with their respective help files, all of which are a little out of date. The QTGMC help file hasn't been updated since version 3.32.

QTGMC 3.357s Plugin Links 2017-05-02.txt (3kB)

QTGMC 3.357s & Plugins 2017-05-02.zip (20.4MB)
    Quote Quote