VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker or buy a VSO converter software :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an mkv file that does not output sound on my tv because of the audio format. Looking for a solution. thanks
    So far i demuxed it and tried audacity and a couple of other programs to convert it but what comes out is just noise

When i open the file in any audio editors it says it cannot determine the format and it's asking me to choose attributes and rate (hz). I only know this:

Code:
    Audio #1
    ID                          : 2
    Format                      : TrueHD
    Codec ID                    : A_TRUEHD
    Duration                    : 1 h 59 min
    Bit rate mode               : Variable
    Bit rate                    : 3 659 kb/s
    Maximum bit rate            : 5 634 kb/s
    Channel(s)                  : 8 channels
    Channel positions           : Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate               : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate                  : 1 200.000 FPS (40 spf)
    Compression mode            : Lossless
    Stream size                 : 3.06 GiB (20%)
    Last edited by Kand; 20th Apr 2017 at 08:33.
    Quote Quote  
  2. ffmpeg -i "input.mkv" -map 0 -c:v copy -c:a ac3 -c:s copy "output.mkv"
    or
    ffmpeg -i "input.mkv" -map 0 -c:v copy -c:a dts -c:s copy "output.mkv"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Or from TrueHD to FLAC with AudioMuxer. Saves space.

PS: You have to update manually the files at "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\AudioMuxer" , because they're not up to date. The files that gets installed are way too old.... Eac3to, libFLAC.dll, mkvmerge.exe & mkvextract from mkvtoolnix, MediaInfo CLI.exe...and maybe the 7z files in the "Encoding" Folder. All x32 bit.
    Last edited by xxAno...xx; 21st Apr 2017 at 00:31.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can do it in one process using PopcornMKV Audio Converter https://www.videohelp.com/software/PopCorn-MKV-AudioConverter no need to demux or muck about with command line routines. Just load the file in and select what you want. The default settings are TrueHD to DTS
    BeyonWiz T3 PVR ~ Popcorn C200 and A-500 ~ Samsung ES8000 65" LED TV ~ Windows 7 ~ Yamaha RX-A1030 ~ QnapTS851-4G
    Quote Quote