VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or buy Replay Video Capture or PlayON and record Netflix, HBO, etc! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by SHS View Post
    Did you install the Hauppauge HD-PVR Plugin click on the tab Media Center from there you fine installation notes and installation package.
    Good Luck you going need it
    Note: It only works with 1st gen HD-PVR and Colossus not any newer ver like the HD-PVR 2, HD-PVR Rocket, HD-PVR 60 nor Colossus 2 models
    Yes, I did install it and that's why I have been using the IR emitter on Colossus.
    Now I want to not use the IR emitter on Colossus but I want to use the IR control on MCE IR receiver.
    I expected turning off the "Use Internal Blaster" illustrated on that page would do the trick but it didn't.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you have the MCE IR receiver still hook up ? maybe you unplug that and leave out and start over.
    Apparently you have use Hauppauge IR32 and BlastCfg so need that check the Use Internal Blaster for it all work and there still no guarantee it will work because MS has so min change with patch over the years I'm sure it even more broken then before.
    If can't you get work why not just get a diff DVR software as that software was just a beta any way and is no longer being support when DVBLink kill it right long with there own product at time.

Sorry I can't test it as I longer have any Windows 7 system lay around
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Yes, I used Hauppauge IR32 and BlastCfg for IR blaster on Colossus to work. It's been working fine but IR window on Comcast cable box got scratched and IR signal doesn't seem reaching very well these days. So I want to get rid of the IR blaster on Colossus and replace it with the IR emitter on MCE IR receiver via the direct connection cable which usually_quiet used to have been doing so according to his post few years back.

I'm wondering how usually_quiet made Windows not to recognize Colossus as Digital Tuner so that you can configure MCE to learn IR code from Comcast cable box.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by KAZUNA View Post
    Yes, I used Hauppauge IR32 and BlastCfg for IR blaster on Colossus to work. It's been working fine but IR window on Comcast cable box got scratched and IR signal doesn't seem reaching very well these days. So I want to get rid of the IR blaster on Colossus and replace it with the IR emitter on MCE IR receiver via the direct connection cable which usually_quiet used to have been doing so according to his post few years back.

I'm wondering how usually_quiet made Windows not to recognize Colossus as Digital Tuner so that you can configure MCE to learn IR code from Comcast cable box.
    It could be he may have had the DVBLink for HD-PVR
    Quote Quote