VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I am new to converting videos and burning DVDs but have been managing fine (so far!) with just one problem. My source files (downloaded from YouTube via the free YouTube downloader) each start with a page describing what follows e.g. "White City Sequence Dance to Music" but these pages do not appear on the DVD so there is nothing to say what is being demonstrated. What I wish to know is whether there is anything I can do to secure their inclusion.
    Curiously each source file also has a final page saying that other videos are available and these ARE included on the DVD.
    Can anyone help please? I am converting with AVStoDVD and burning with Imgburn.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Youtube permits overlays on top of video (they used to be called annotations). I suspect that they are not included in the downloaded version. You'll have to add them yourself.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the quick reply annotations/overlays are completely a new world to me and I had been hoping simply to find a way of including the start pages in the DVD. Have you any idea why they have been excluded? I shall of course pursue the overlay suggestion if that is the only way forward. Again many thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Easiest way to do what you want is forced subtitles,no need to re-encode.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes, I agree. Add a subtitle track to your DVD. It is always better to do it that way rather than hard-code the subs. You can author the DVD so they are displayed "on" as the default.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Tyro View Post
    Have you any idea why they have been excluded?
    Because they're not part of the video.
    Quote Quote