VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I'm curious as to why when I render a project in Vegas with audio along with the video (save as separate elementary streams unchecked) the file ends up being avchd (.m2t) , but when I render the video and audio separately like most people recommend, the file ends up being mpeg (.m2v).

But yet, when I try to import the video file of the separate render, Vegas doesn't recognize it...something about a QuickTime video....

The template I'm using is Blu-ray Main Concept mpeg-2 1920x1080-24P 25Mb
    Quote Quote  
  2. Why would you want to load that stream back to Vegas? It is a product for Blu-Ray authoring, that m2v stream. If you want to check it out use a player like VLC or MPC-HC. Some of those players should play it.

Try to load in tsMuxer and create transport stream out of it, ts or m2ts if loading back to Vegas.

Isn't that container m2ts , rather than m2t?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The reason why I loaded the stream back to Vegas was just for shits & giggles basically. Just to test stuff out to learn what files Vegas accepts. I wanted to compare the original file I used to do the editing with, and drop my edited file in the Timeline to make sure I had the audio of my edited project in sync with the original. And that's when I learned Vegas doesn't accept the .m2v file.

Still doesn't explain why the two different renders make different files?
    Quote Quote  
  4. m2t is a container, there is video and audio in it.

In our case there could be mpeg2 video elementary stream in that container and audio mpeg 1 layer2 which Vegas would render if choosing video and audio.

You have the same video. In first case that video is in m2t container in second case it is as an elementary video stream. On screen you would see no difference. You can also put video alone in a container. Not sure if Vegas can do that. Just an example.

If you want that elementary stream to load into Vegas just drop it onto tsMuxer GUI before and mux it in ts or m2ts. tsMuxer would just enclose it in a container. It is called muxing, usually it involves audio as well, but you do not have to have an audio in container. Vegas would load that TS file then.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks AL, I admit I'm a little green when it comes to understanding containers. But I'm guessing that's why you have to name the audio and video renders the same so it can combine the two in say DVD-A.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have been having problems with multiavchd. it makes the folders but after burning, the disc does not play in the blu-ray player. tsmuxer does a better job but that software is hard if you have more than 1 file, multiavchd can handle multiple different files

is there a way to make the avchd or blu-ray folder structure and then add the files and then burn using imgburn and get it to play on blu-ray players

I see the folder structures always look the same initially but I think there are probably some subtle differences that make it play or not play
    Quote Quote