VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and copy Ultra HD Blu-rays and DVDs! Or rip iTunes movies and music! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys, I need to copy only one dvd to work on both standalone DVD players and pc's, what's the best and easiest free software I can use for this please?
    Quote Quote  
  2. The free version of DVDFab should be able to most as long as it is not a new release. You might even be able to do it with the trial version if you really are only doing one.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, it's a wedding DVD I need to copy, Also the dvd properties on my pc shows 4.13GB and my blank Memorex DVD-R is 4.7GB so that should fit right?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sometimes the author of wedding videos will put copy protection on the DVD. You can give it a go and see what happens. It will not hurt to try. If the DVD does have a custom copy protection applied, then DVDFab might not be able to copy it. The only way to find out is to try it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by mikehende View Post
    Yes, it's a wedding DVD I need to copy, Also the dvd properties on my pc shows 4.13GB and my blank Memorex DVD-R is 4.7GB so that should fit right?
    Yes, it will fit. But Windows (?) shows GiB (though they use the symbol GB) where 1 GiB is 1024x1024x1024, or 1,073,741,824 bytes. Disc manufacturers use GB, 1000x1000x1000, or 1,000,000,000 bytes. 4.7 GB is about 4.3 GiB.

Memorex is not high quality media. Make at least three copies. Verify the discs immediately after making them, and again a few days later. Replace any that don't verify 100 percent with new copies of the original or of the remaining good discs. Then check them once a year or so, and replace any problem discs again. Use Verbatim DataLife or DataLife Plus discs for better reliability and longevity.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Fab is showing to use the registered version for watermark removal, anything else I can try?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Perhaps I should have been a better helper. Here is a link to the DVDFab free decrypter that should go the job without the watermark. That is assuming the version you tried did what you wanted.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn/dvd-decrypter.htm
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, what I did works but thanks for the link!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Don't convert with DVDFab. Use it only to decrypt and copy the disc to your computer. Then use some other software to make the new disc(s). Like ImgBurn.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok, got it, thx.
    Quote Quote  
  11. If the DVD isn't encrypted or otherwise copy protected you can both read and write with ImgBurn.
    Quote Quote