VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a guide open in front of e and still cannot get the madVr options to open in PotPlaer.

The instruction is run Potplayer, open a vid and hit control f1. But that is not shown in the guide-- just the madVR open
    window.

If this is in error please advise.

I double checked my version as 32 bit.

On the Videohelp software page it appears that both PotPlaer options download the 64 bit version.

From there I deleted all 64 bit stuff, and installed Potplayer 32 bit and it's codec pack and installed both.

The guide is k00ls pot player guide:

https://murobbs.muropaketti.com/threads/k00ls-potplayer-madvr-guide.1218122/
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    The instruction is run Potplayer, open a vid and hit control f1.
    [...]
    https://murobbs.muropaketti.com/threads/k00ls-potplayer-madvr-guide.1218122/
    Pressing control f1 is not mentioned in that guide anywhere?!

You have several options:
    1.) During playback click the PotPlayer menu button, then "Filters">"Madshi Video Renderer" or
    2.) During playback right-click the madvr tray icon in the system tray (bottom right corner) or
    3.) In PotPlayer preferences click the "[...]" button that's directly to the right of the drop-down where you choose the madvr video renderer. (last picture of the first post in the guide you linked)
    Quote Quote  
  3. This pop up for MadVR setup is what I'm not finding.
    F1 simply opens the 'about the program' window for Pot Player.

Control +F1 opens the playback screen.

I've looked at the madVR folder. I don't see an .exe in there to open what is shown in the screen shot either.

Unfortunately I'm not on video setup very often. I also have the Mikejung guide which is long. That also does not show in screen shots how to access the popup that I've found. You'd tink it was on page one.

Right now, I'll open the MadVR folder and see if anything indicates an .exe. Nope. Not in the readme either.

So I've done all the checks I can find. I also moved the MadVR folder which they say can be put anywhere
    in the Programs (x86) group.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	madvr.png
Views:	2122
Size:	533.2 KB
ID:	41170  

Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    I've looked at the madVR folder. I don't see an .exe in there to open what is shown in the screen shot either.
    madHcCtrl.exe will start madvr. You should then see the madvr icon in the system tray/bottom right corner.

Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    So I've done all the checks I can find. I also moved the MadVR folder which they say can be put anywhere
    in the Programs (x86) group.
    Careful! You must not move madvr after installing it. Download it again and extract to a folder of your choice. Right-click the "install.bat" and click "run as administrator". Do not move the files after this. Only then will it be correctly installed. Then try the things I said earlier again.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ok. I'll do what you suggest.

I did see the Cntrl thing but it did not execute.. and I could not see the exe file extension in Win7.
    Maybe I overlooked it or Explorer needs to be adjusted.

I'll do the download now.

The different between 'can be installed anywhere' and 'cannot be moved' I had not seen
    any place before.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm back

I cleared the old MadVr out.
    I download a fresh zip
    Unzipped to Desktop
    Moved folder to x86
    Ran install as Admin.
    Install showed successful

I have gone no further.

To review: After I load Potplayer 32 bit _and_ start a vid, can I _ pause_ then use whatever
    control key combination you tell me? It seems doing anything out of sequence is a new briar patch.

Meantime I will look at what's in the MadVR folder again. I would prefer no extra things in the tray.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    To review: After I load Potplayer 32 bit _and_ start a vid, can I _ pause_ then use whatever
    control key combination you tell me?
    I don't see why not. I didn't tell you to press any keyboard combinations, though.
    After madvr install just go into potplayer settings>Video and select Madshi Video Renderer. If you are already playing a video you probably need to restart PotPlayer (or re-open the file). After that you should be able to use it and also change madvr settings like described in post #2 and #4.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Success.

I am all the way in to MadVR settings via the tray icon from selecting the MadvrCntl in it's folder-- but only that.
    Any of the Potplayer Control key stuff just opens elements of the Potplayer program.

It's enough for me. Thanks. That part about moving the program was a critical element.

I have no idea if all this will be beneficial to a 15 inch CRT monitor which is 15 years old. But in these various guides
    I have seen improvement I could not get with the hardware controls. So far in the MadVR setup I selected
    Generic PnP monitor.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Reviewing things I have to own up to something. I did not understand the guide notation to click on the
    three dots "..." next to the Renderer entry. I just didn't get it. The popup came on as described. Still something
    should be made more user friendly here.
    Quote Quote  
  10. If a new thread is needed I can do that. Until then I've seen an unusual effect during my setup.
    It's probably only one setting that's off but I don't know which one it is.
    Very likely something to do with doubling or resampling but I know that's not the right
    term.

Here's the description. What I see in, for instance, a line of trotting horses is about eight legs like an old Greek painting. Or skipping. Something that completely disappears back to normal when playing the same you tube movie stream in VLC.

Which setting in either MadVR or PotPlayer handles that? I'm lost on such an error.

I think there's an option to reset PotPlayer or MadVR back to defaults. If someone knows this
    please advise.

In Potplayer, I think it's a matter of just un-selecting MadVR for the default.

Anyway maybe someone has seen this fault in setup before.
    Quote Quote