VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So I've got a UHD Blu Ray copy of Angry Birds and I'm having massive issues using handbrake to compress it. I like to passthru the audio with all my files while compressing it to x265 with a constant RF quality of 24. I've been doing this for years now with all my movies and TV shows and never had an issue except only with this file. The problem is handbrake is only exporting the x265 stream and not the DTS-HD audio track along with it. I tried converting it to AC3, and AAC and the sound stops playing after about 10 seconds. I also tried demuxing the mkv and adding the audio track to my compressed video track and they are massively out of sync. This is all really weird because I tried playing the MKV and it works perfectly in sync throughout the whole film. Someone please help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try ffmpeg:
    ffmpeg -i "input.mkv" -af aresample=async=1 "output.flac"

The file is probably broken somehow. If it's just the first 10 seconds: do you need them? Often just logos/trailers. Could cut them away using mkvmerge or HandBrake itself. It has an option to select only specific part of the source. So start at e.g. 20 seconds and see if that works.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I downloaded it and it isn't opening for me. I also noticed from the SS its a command prompt tool which I have no idea how to use. Lastly are you saying to use this on the desync'd file?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by kurse View Post
    I also noticed from the SS its a command prompt tool which I have no idea how to use.
    Copy ffmpeg.exe to the folder of the input file(*). Hold shift and right-click on an empty space in the Windows explorer and click "Open command window here". Then enter the command I posted in the other post and hit enter.

Originally Posted by kurse View Post
    Lastly are you saying to use this on the desync'd file?
    On the original file.

(*) More elegant is to put ffmpeg into its own folder and add that to %PATH%. Then you can use it from any folder.
    Quote Quote  
  5. All this did was open the mkv file
    Quote Quote