VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. *Please see my uploaded photos 1 and 2

SO...I'm just trying to run my laptop to my (old school) TV. My (old school) TV only has a COAX "F" type input. If I run a VGA - TO - VIDEO CONVERTER from the laptop through to my (old school) VCR...(so I can tape and that VCR has a COAX "F" OUT for the TV)...I get a rolling picture and jaburnacky type.
    SO...(I thought) OK I have a modulation issue.
    So now my question is: If I run the VGA - TO - VIDEO CONVERTER to an RF MODULATOR VIDEO CONVERTER (WITH S VIDEO) and JUST USE THE YELLOW VIDEO LEAD out from the VGA - TO - VIDEO CONVERTER to the YELLOW VIDEO IN on the RF MODULATOR...and then THAT COAX "F" OUT to the VCR...do you think I might now see a stabilized picture?
    And...would the RED and WHITE (AUDIO) leads allow for sound through the TV...or would that connection have to use a separate amplified speaker?
    ..........If I had the money I would'ent have the problem....of course.
    Thanks so much for your thoughts!!
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	526
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	41157  

Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So you are wanting to record your VHS tapes with the laptop correct ??
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jordachex View Post
    *If I run the VGA - TO - VIDEO CONVERTER to an RF MODULATOR VIDEO CONVERTER (WITH S VIDEO)... and then THAT COAX "F" OUT to the VCR...do you think I might now see a stabilized picture?
    Probably not. The sync timing of the vga-to-video converter is the same on both the s-video and composite outputs.

Be sure you have the converter's switches set to the right position -- PAL vs. NTSC. And be sure the laptop's resolution and refresh rate are set to something that is supported by the converter.
    Last edited by jagabo; 5th Apr 2017 at 21:57.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Jordachex replies to you guys:

october262-
    Yes. Wanting to record your VHS tapes with the laptop...but it may be a bit simpler to just try to get a stabile picture first with just vga to rf modulator to tv coax.

jagabo-
    Yes I did not try switching the PAL vs. NTSC. You see them there as little red switches on the vga to video converter. I will try this and post. THANKS!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You don't say what kind of vcr tapes these are.
    If there ones that you recorded yourself then you
    Should have no problems copying them
    But if these are store bought Hollywood movie tapes then
    You will need to remove the copy protection on the tape.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Well I'm just using a standard VCR and tape cassettes. But do you know how you would remove the copyright (for instance from a borrowed library CD) so you could copy that CD to your VCR tape cassette?
    Quote Quote