VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    is there a dvdfab x86 version because i keep getting when i install the latest version a runtime error and when i open dvdfab after installing it get the same runtime error the computer is a windows 32-bit

im guessing the new version can only work with 64-bit? and i really don't want to use an older version
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The installer is for both 32bit and 64bit. It should install the correct one for your OS.

Can you give some more information?
    Windows version?
    Screenshot of the error?
    Did you run the installer "As Administrator" or just double-click it?
    Do or do not. There is no "try." - Yoda
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    turned out my video card drivers needed to be updated but i have a problem my old computer where the motherboard died i took the parts from that computer and put them in another computer that has a faster cpu the computer has 4gb of ram and faster dvd drive so on my old computer to rip a dvd to mkv would take around 15mins on average depending on how long the movie is so why is this computer ripping so slow it says it will take 2hrs is it because im using a newer version on my old computer i was using a version from 2014
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Not sure what could be causing your slow-down. I've been using DVDfab for years, and different computers have been slightly faster or slower, but I've never had one that has taken more than a half hour, even for a fully packed dual-layer DVD. The version of the program hasn't made any noticeable difference in rip speed for me. So if yours is taking two hours, maybe you still have other hardware drivers that need to be updated.
    Do or do not. There is no "try." - Yoda
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jamespoo View Post
    turned out my video card drivers needed to be updated but i have a problem my old computer where the motherboard died i took the parts from that computer and put them in another computer that has a faster cpu the computer has 4gb of ram and faster dvd drive so on my old computer to rip a dvd to mkv would take around 15mins on average depending on how long the movie is so why is this computer ripping so slow it says it will take 2hrs is it because im using a newer version on my old computer i was using a version from 2014
    Start dvdfab - click common settings - av codec and try Switching everything to
    Cuda restart dvdfab and try the disc again.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by jamespoo View Post
    Start dvdfab - click common settings - av codec and try Switching everything to
    Cuda restart dvdfab and try the disc again.
    thanks i will give that a try
    Quote Quote