VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Pot Player forum does not show it's confirmation code for my attempt to register.

My question is: How can I eliminate the text crawl when viewing a You tube URL in Pot Player?

The ability to do this-- transfer a You Tube URL which is too dark into Pot Player has been a welcome relief.
    Now that I have that going, there is a text crawl below the image which runs continuously like the news on CNN. I don't need or want this moving text of the video descxription while viewing. It is distracting.

Pot player has so many features, there must be a way to turn it off. Please advise.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Right click in the playback window, choose Skins -----> Skin Settings. Then check the box that says "Hide main window skin while video screen is active.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks I'll try it out.

One other thing: there's a check box or something that says hide cursor (like VLC would do) after a
    couple secs of viewing but checking it has not given me the disappearing cursor. Any suggestion for that?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Mouse cursor only disappears in full screen playback maybe?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes I think it's resolved or has to be at the right screen setup as you say. I saw it wink out yesterday
    during a view.

And flipping th image to full screen makes the text crawl disappear. I would prefer though to have controls and no crawl.

Thanks for answering.

I have to get going on doing the madVR setup from a guide as well. The goal is to get gaod images
    from streaming at you tube. Many of the newer ones are near DVD quality but old black and
    white can be pretty fuzzy.
    Quote Quote