VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey everyone.

I was wondering if there is a way to automate the following in virtual dub.

1. open a video file

2. open the filters and add deshaker filter

3. use a preset setting on the deshaker filter

4. close the deshaker and filter dialogue

5. run analysis of the video prior to deshaking

6. deshake using the filter again

7. save using compression codec H264

I know it's a tall order, but it seems like batch should be able to do it except help file is very thin on details. and I'm having hard time figuring out.

if it's like a macro in word, it should be pretty easy. the tasks are pretty repetitive, and I have a many videos that needs to be stabilized.

Any insights will be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe 'Save processing settings' after you have the filters set up the way you like. Then 'Load processing settings' for the next target video. Those are in the left 'File' column. There is also a 'Run script' or 'Job control' that you may find useful for batching.

I've used saved processing settings with VD in the past, but that didn't include the deshaker filter.

But others may have some better ideas. I don't use VD that often these days.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok. Thank you. Let's see what others can suggest as well. What do you prefer to use for video editing? As far as I can tell VD is the only one with video stabilization filter that actually work.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use AviDemux most times for simple editing. I still use VirtualDub FilterMod for restoration on occasion.
    Quote Quote  
  5. This is not possible unless you can write a tool to generate job file for VirtualDub. The tool can be as simple as some python script though.

Basically you need to create 2 jobs for each file, one with analyze pass and next to it with render to h264.
    You can schedule one manually and then populate it with the rest of sources (by the extra tool).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Isn't that what the /p and /b switches are for? I.e. first create generic jobs and then run them with different input/output files via cli command?

http://www.virtualdub.org/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=20
    Quote Quote  
  7. /b does not help here because it needs to schedule 2 jobs per each source. Now I almost imagine how to write this with .bat file but do not remember the syntax
    Quote Quote  
  8. take a look here:
    http://tipzorro.blogspot.ca/2015/06/virtualdub-and-deshaker-in-batch-mode.html
    someone already made this work, for all files in a directory, just following a link posted on this forum yesterday by poisondeathray
    Quote Quote