VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If someone feels the need to read more than a snarky comment from Selfie, here is an actual news story about Dell's new 8k monitor: http://www.anandtech.com/show/11220/dells-32-inch-8k-up3218k-display-now-for-sale
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  2. Marsia Mariner
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    If someone feels the need to read more than a snarky comment from Selfie, here is an actual news story about Dell's new 8k monitor: http://www.anandtech.com/show/11220/dells-32-inch-8k-up3218k-display-now-for-sale
    Thanks for the URL. From the comments's section:

xchaotic - Friday, March 24, 2017

I'll take the bait. Not only that, but it's a bit small for 8k. I think 40 -43" is the sweet spot for 4k, so 8k would need to be even larger than that. Why pay for resolution that you can't see?
    Finally a nice little g-sync module wouldn't make a huge difference in the BOM and it's especially useful here as you can't hope for a stable 60FPS in any game...

Endda - Friday, March 24, 2017

I was just thinking, people already ragged on me for buying a 27" 4K monitor, a 32" 8K monitor seems to be even worse in that regards.

hansmuff - Friday, March 24, 2017

I bought a 28" 4K for my workplace because I sit at it all day and I consider it too small. I have to use Win7 (work) so the scaling isn't wonderful. It works and is better than some 2 screen hack certainly, but yeah 32" 8K is just not what I consider reasonable. I would be curious to see how awesome you can render fonts on that, though.
    Couldn't agree more.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  4. Key to resolution is to not see resolution... if you see pixels then resolution is too low. Sufficiently high DPI remove main issue with digitized signals and sampling itself - spatial aliasing.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Marsia Mariner View Post
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Thanks for the URL. From the comments's section:

xchaotic - Friday, March 24, 2017

I'll take the bait. Not only that, but it's a bit small for 8k. I think 40 -43" is the sweet spot for 4k, so 8k would need to be even larger than that. Why pay for resolution that you can't see?
    Finally a nice little g-sync module wouldn't make a huge difference in the BOM and it's especially useful here as you can't hope for a stable 60FPS in any game...

Endda - Friday, March 24, 2017

I was just thinking, people already ragged on me for buying a 27" 4K monitor, a 32" 8K monitor seems to be even worse in that regards.

hansmuff - Friday, March 24, 2017

I bought a 28" 4K for my workplace because I sit at it all day and I consider it too small. I have to use Win7 (work) so the scaling isn't wonderful. It works and is better than some 2 screen hack certainly, but yeah 32" 8K is just not what I consider reasonable. I would be curious to see how awesome you can render fonts on that, though.
    Couldn't agree more.
    I tend to agree as well. Only someone with an 8K video camera or a high-end DSLR has a compelling reason to get an 8K monitor.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!