VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello!

I have Miami Vice set on Blu-Ray from Fabulous Films. Unfortunately they added to much contrast so i wanted to restore proper colors and in MPC-HC i go to
    options-->shaders and chose 0-255 to 16-235.

Now colors are good, but when i want to make screenshot of some scene in proper colors MPC-HC saves my screenshot with original to much contrasted colors. How to fix it? Thank You for help!
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mol.jpg
Views:	1325
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	41022  

Quote Quote  
  2. You could try a screen shot with another program. Try windows snipping tool if you don't have another screen grab program.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can't fix it, per se. The screenshots are pulled from the stream before it's processed (your changes above). It's how the player works.

As noted above, try using a different tool to take screenshots.

And I wouldn't exactly say you are correcting the colors. You simply don't like or agree with the how the director wanted the film to look. All movies use varying/different color pallets.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  4. Here is the screenshot from U.S version of Blu Ray (Milk Creek, correct colors)

Click image for larger version

Name:	90xcv9.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	41034

Screenshot from U.K version (Fabulous Films)

Click image for larger version

Name:	2hhkvib.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	41035

when i change 0-255 to 16-235 colors are corrected and looks like from U.S Version.

First i tried in MPC-HC view-->renderer settings---> output range---> 16-235 but it doesn't work for me. The only way to change colors to 16-235 are shaders settings.
    Last edited by jimmy84; 24th Mar 2017 at 13:24.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Odd. Reviews and comparisons seem to indicate picture quality of both releases is excellent, with the Fabulous Films version actually being a bit better.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote