VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Been using RipIt4Me for years with no problems. Tried to copy Iron Man 2 and the Video_TS file was 20GB from one dvd. Tried to use Movie Only Mode and when I played in dvd player there was no sound. When I view the Video_TS files on the computer the sound works fine. Why does sound not transfer in Movie Only Mode? Anyone have any guess? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try using an updated decrypter such as Dvdfab
    RipIt4Me cannot handle newer movies.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I will try that but since the sound works in the files on the computer before using Single Movie Mode with Roxio for the burning, is it possible to remove the unneeded files that make the original movie over 20GBs, so the movie and the bonus material would fit on one dvd? If I include a screen shot of the Video_TS files would any one know which files to remove to get to 4.7GB?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Kissjp View Post
    is it possible to remove the unneeded files that make the original movie over 20GBs, so the movie and the bonus material would fit on one dvd?
    It already fits on a single DVD. That's the added encryption to make it look like it's holding more than it really does in an attempt to defeat backing up your DVDs. Just do as october262 suggested first.
    Originally Posted by Kissjp View Post
    would any one know which files to remove to get to 4.7GB?
    It probably is on a dual layer DVD meaning up to maybe 8.5 GB. To fit on a single layer DVD you'll have to shrink it further. The best program for that is DVD Rebuilder, but there are lots of others (like DVD Shrink) which will produce output of varying quality.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Will do. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. So I downloaded DVDFab and there is an icon on my desktop but I can not get it to do anything. I click on it but nothing happens. Why me? Am I suppose to use another program with this one? Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  7. You probably want DVDFab HD Decrypter. Is that what you have? The first part of Baldrick's guide explains the process:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/303110-How-to-easily-convert-DVD-to-high-quality-M...ing-free-tools
    Quote Quote  
  8. I downloaded to a different computer and it is working now. Will it work with Roxio or do I have to buy Nero?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Never mind. My notebook computer already had a burning software on it. From start to finish it took less an 30 minutes to do Iron Man 2. Now I do not have to worry about my son scratching the crap out of my dvds. Thank you all for the help. DVDFab is amazing.
    Quote Quote