VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

It's been along time since my experimental Vdub days, so forgot most of what I learned, that and I grew lazier with age.
    So, here's the question.

On some DVB broadcasts on C-band (yes I have a BUD), the formally 'normal' 525 NTSC programming has been 'resized' for the HD (1080i) format,
    thus 'zooming' the image in by an appreciable amount that makes my archiving/recording on DVR (analog video connections) annoying , to say the least.
    In other words they have 'upconverted' classic NTSC raster to the widescreen format, a trend these days, for the life of me, I don't see the advantage.

I can resize the image on my DVB HD set top box but it's even more annoying letterboxed, the only other solution is to record to an external drive and then resize in the usual way.
    Is there a real time video resize on the cheap?

Cheers,

TvMind
    Quote Quote  
  2. Any PC is capable to perform video resize in real time - perhaps some small SBC will meet your expectations.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Likely because the majority of people would rather have the image fill the entire TV screen than to preserve the image and watch it in it's original Aspect Ratio.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  4. Most TVs have zoom and aspect ratio controls.
    Quote Quote