VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello

I am currently ripping my LOTR extended cut blu rays and am combining the "extras" on each disk into one long extra. For example, the video extras on disc 3 of Fellowship "From Book to Vision" into one long video.

To accomplish this, I have been using "add file as additional part" to great sucessess. Example is add file 2 to file 1 to make file 12. Add file 3 to file 12 to make file 123 and so on.

This worked great for a while, but suddenly it stopped working. Now when I add file 5 to file 1234, the output is still 1234. The job says its completed and a new file is created. However, the file does not get any bigger nor does the video get any longer. It's exactly the same as the original file.

The same happens if I try to repeat my earlier successess. Adding file 2 to file 1 outputs file 1.

I am using the latest updated version. Below is my command window.

"C:/Program Files/MKVToolNix\mkvmerge.exe" --ui-language en --output ^"H:\LOTR - The Two Towers - Disc 4 ^(The Battle for Middle-Earth Begins^)\Warriors of the Third Age ^(1^) ^(1^) ^(1^) ^(1^) ^(2^).mkv^" --language 0:eng --language 1:eng --track-name 1:Stereo --default-track 1:yes --language 2:eng ^"^(^" ^"H:\LOTR - The Two Towers - Disc 4 ^(The Battle for Middle-Earth Begins^)\Warriors of the Third Age ^(1^) ^(1^) ^(1^) ^(1^).mkv^" ^"H:\LOTR - The Two Towers - Disc 4 ^(The Battle for Middle-Earth Begins^)\Editorial - Refining the Story ^(1^).mkv^" ^"^)^" --track-order 0:0,0:1,0:2

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Use "Append files", not "Add files as additional parts".

https://github.com/mbunkus/mkvtoolnix/wiki/Appending-files-vs.-adding-as-additional-parts

Tip: mkvtoolnix can append files 1 +2 +3 +4 +5 in a single operation. You don't need to mux every additional file separately.
    Last edited by sneaker; 21st Mar 2017 at 08:13.
    Quote Quote