VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everyone!
    I need your help because I have not moved much forward with evaluating the playback qualities of my Blaupunkt RTW-950 (clone of Panasonic FS200). Recently I made a thorough test with recording a few quality test tables directly from my PC by Firewire to Sony miniDV camera's analog out (S-Video) to Blaupunkt and my new LG LV880 HiFi using brand new BASF S-VHS cassettes. Afterwards I made captures from all 4 my VCRs using these test cassettes. Sadly, as always, Blaupunkt appeared to be the worst. It had more noise, darker picture, more droputs...
    But that is not all. I did a recording with Blaupunkt in S-VHS mode with the same new S-VHS cassette. The passthrough signal was excelent, but the playback failed completely. It is simply not watchable.
    As I have already told in my previous threads the Blaupunkt was bought faulty but in mint condition and repaired by a highly skilled master who was a constructor of VCRs in the 70-ies. I consulted with him about these test results. He told me that he had repaired and measured all the necessary chains, signals, levels, tensions, everything. And everything confirms to standards. He thinks that the VCR performs at its capabilities and that it simply can't compete with much more recent VCRs. When asked why does it fail to record in S-VHS he thinks that the only possibility is a faulty processor. The heads are fine because he measured the head output levels too.
    So at present I have no more clue. So I kindly ask everyone who has had more than one Panasonic- FS200, HS 100, HS 950, HS 960 and so has had the ability to compare the picture quality of more than one high-end S-VHS Panasonic of the 90-ies:
    Can it be the simple truth that a new generation VHS VCR is simply better than the old high-end S-VHS? In order to let you compare the PQ of my Blaupunkt with yours I uploaded my short capture test files (5 sec. mp4). The capture was done through Sony TRV33 miniDV to WinDV. I don't want to discuss the need for external TBC and capturing to lossless avi.
    Your help would be priceless to me because otherwise my Blaupunkt will stay redundant.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Maris 55; 21st Mar 2017 at 06:50.
    Panasonic NV-HS860, LG LV 880 HiFi 6 Head, Sony SLV-SE 630 HiFi, LG BL-162W, Sony TRV33E miniDV for Capture, Canopus ADVC 55, Panasonic DMR-ES10, Sony Vegas Pro12, WinDV
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!
    So I see no one here has Panasonic NV-FS200, HS100, HS 960 or Blaupunkt RTV-950, RTV-960...
    Or you already are tired of my questions. What can I do? I am not resented, no.
    Panasonic NV-HS860, LG LV 880 HiFi 6 Head, Sony SLV-SE 630 HiFi, LG BL-162W, Sony TRV33E miniDV for Capture, Canopus ADVC 55, Panasonic DMR-ES10, Sony Vegas Pro12, WinDV
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    Still noone is interested in assisting me? Have I said or done something wrong? I can't get it...
    I'm sorry if I have done something wrong.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Well, the LG has added rainbowing on "Table" and I also counted 2 dropouts that aren't present on the 950 capture.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/289189-VCR-comparison-Panasonic-NV-FS200%28AG-1980...=1#post2027181
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have read that thread. Most of the posts are about various Panasonic S-VHS machines and there subjective comparison. And they are praised highly and the posted videos PQ is indeed great. And that's why I am in doubt about my Blaupunkt. I think it has worse PQ than from my HiFi VHS machines. I have always chosen some of my VHS machines when capturing different tapes after comparing the quality. And the real proof that smth. is wrong is because it can't Record/Play S-VHS tape properly. I am very sad because the machine is otherwise in a very good condition. The head cleaning foam roller is clean and white!
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6016.JPG
Views:	848
Size:	3.03 MB
ID:	41050  

Quote Quote