VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have taken a video , which is in MOV format with iPad and there is some background music, the background music was actually from a nearby desktop PC

After some days I check again and find that the background music is very insignificant, only if I adjust the volume to quite high then I could hear the music, which may not be common for my viewers

Is there any way I can intensify the background music? (Luckily the video is speechless, we did not speak anything)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Find the same music. Add it to another track in your NLE. Sync it so it matches the music that was in the background. Adjust the volume on the music track until you get whatever volume level you want. It is relatively easy, and I do it all the time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    best suggestion above - if you can't find the music then demux the file and extract the music track and then increase the level in an audio editor like Audacity and then add it back in.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    Find the same music. Add it to another track in your NLE. Sync it so it matches the music that was in the background. Adjust the volume on the music track until you get whatever volume level you want. It is relatively easy, and I do it all the time.
    excuse me , what is NLE?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A non-linear editing system (NLE) is a video (NLVE) or audio editing (NLAE) digital audio workstation (DAW) system that performs non-destructive editing on source material. The name is in contrast to 20th century methods of linear video editing and film editing.

ie your computer !
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes, NLE is as described. If you are doing anything with video, you need to use a video editing program. Mac users have iMovie built in. Windows users have lots of free software, and some really great inexpensive software. You need an editor that permits more than one track of audio, which most do. Studio is a great, relatively inexpensive, "starter" editor for Windows, although there are many other very good choices.

As I said in my original post, with the right tool, this is trivial. I do a mutl-camera shoot of The Nutcracker every Christmas season (since 1981!!) and for the past twenty years, I've been shooting a production for which I also do the sound. Nothing is worse than watching a video of a stage production using the audio you capture in the back of the auditorium. I always get a feed from the soundboard, but the levels on that are not great, and the venue I shoot at only provides monaural output. So, since I arranged all the music used during the production and therefore have that in its original form, I simply put that back on the timeline. Since I do a LOT of this, I invested in a relatively inexpensive utility called "Pluraleyes" which will automatically align all video and all audio channels in a video project, based on the audio. All you do is put everything on multiple timelines, press a button, and come back in fifteen minutes. Everything is perfectly aligned.

I then "duck" the music under the ambient audio any time there is applause. The rest of the time, I keep the ambient down by at least 15dB so that you don't hear coughs or chair squeaks, but you still get just enough background noise to make sure it still sounds like a live production in front of an audience.
    Quote Quote