VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Many of you know me around here for all my posts about repairing and fixing Panasonic AG 1980 units.

Starting a new service up for the community which is repairing your broken down JVC decks that are sitting around doing nothing.

The good news, unlike the AG 1980 Machines they don't need to undergo a complete overhaul of repairs. Which means the costs are a lot less.

In some cases the JVC decks will out perform the AG 1980 unit.

Ghosting Issues the 9000 series, 100% better
    Overall it depends on the tape per say

Since 2007, have always used top of the line JVC decks and AG decks for my VHS work, need both.

Been doing VHS to Digital for 10 years now, found that the play back of the machine is the most important part.

Because VHS is a limited format, need and want the best possible picture quality, that is why we recommend only using the Best VCR's. The rest you are wasting your time and energy on.

For example the JVC HR-S4500U is not a bad VCR but vs the 7800 model; not in the same class.

If both units are broken, they really have no value.

Just repaired a bunch of broken 9900's, two 9800's and a few of the SR-V series. Know how to fix these VCR's.

Here are some of the common problems

Tapes don't load or get stuck in the VCR
    Tapes loads than the VCR cuts out
    Tapes loads and you get a blue screen and will not play the tapes

In every case the VCR does not work, you trash it or put it away in storage.

Some of the repairs on these can be complex normally that is not the case.

Costs $50 to $150 in repairs. On problem units it can be $250 to $350.

If you are interested in this service please PM my account, no cost to look at your machine.
    Without looking at the VCR can't give a full diagnostic.

All payments done via paypal.
    You pay shipping both ways.

One Last thing of note:
    The DVD recorders or the combo units, JVC MV1, MV5, MV7, MS1, MS100 and the rest of them with the dreaded "Loading" error can sometimes repair, they are hit or miss, but if I can't fix it you don't pay a dime.
    Last edited by Deter; 17th Mar 2017 at 07:35.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Do you think you could do anything with a flaky JVC SR-W5U WVHS deck?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What is wrong with the machine?
    Quote Quote  
  4. It will intermittently not power on. Seems like something flaky in the power supply.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by robjv1 View Post
    It will intermittently not power on. Seems like something flaky in the power supply.
    In a switchmode power supply, that's a pretty standard symptom of bad capacitors. I'm pretty sure that Deter is a master at "re-capping" power supplies, but he'll have to offer his own opinion.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sometimes it will power on other times it will not? That means we can fix it.

Johnmeyer, JVC decks are not like the Panasonic Decks were you have hundreds Caps, the JVC decks only have a few. Sometimes the machine powers on is a good sign. This can be fixed but we need to look at the machine, it could be a bad fuse. Have no idea....If you send it out will figure out the problem and fix the VCR.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So would you be able to repair a Jvc D120 from 1983?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would also be interested in just buying a good working vcr player...
    arschmidt529@gmai.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Arschmidt529, why would you want that thing repaired? With VCR's just deal with the best units. If you want JVC or AG-1980's PM my account you are looking $450 to $750. The AG's are the best. Have to go out buy them and than fix. Everyone of them needs work, it is just the way the units were made. They are the best. Can get in these high end JVC's as well.

PM my account here at video help if you want go this route. Pricing gave a wide range, cause I have no idea. Right now don't have extra units.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I have a dual JVC VCR (Mini-DV and VHS). On the DV side its stopped ejecting tape properly.
    When I insert tape, it goes in ok, can forward,rewind and playback ok. However, when I stop and eject the tape does not get wound back and gets stuck inside.
    Is there something that can be done?
    Quote Quote