VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker or buy a VSO converter software :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For a video I am creating in Shotcut, I want to have a glowing effect on the 2nd song I highlighted with an oval in this picture:

https://www.mediafire.com/?5d4s7eqy66x78lp

I plan to only have it for something like a 3 second clip and during it I would love to have it mimic this button glowing:

http://crayonify.com/learn-how-to-create-a-simple-glowing-animation/

I'm open to other programs obviously since it can't be done in shotcut. Also, the text must be visible even during the peak of the glow.
    any advice?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Did you want just the text from track 2 to "glow" ?

Something like this ? (This is cropped to the region of interest, and I edited out the circle)

(The gif preview in some browsers is messed up on this site , you might have to click on it to open in new tab)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	crop_glow.gif
Views:	17
Size:	328.4 KB
ID:	40966

You should be able to do it in aviutl (but it's a bit quirky, not that intuitive at first with some learning curve)

Or I can do it for you quickly if you tell me what: format and compression, resolution, framerate, rate of glow / flashing, duration, color, any other changes/requests ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I actually meant the whole oval I originally circled, but your looks so much better!I didn't even think about that.

Until I switched to Shotcut, I WAS using AVIUTL and I swore that I was able to do something similiar in AVIUTL just a week ago. I thought I may just recreate this one part in AVIUTL and then import it into Shotcut but I couldn't figure out how I did it a week ago.

I really appreciate the offer to do this for me, but I plan on doing this for all of my videos from now on so if you could show/tell me how you did it in AVIUTL I would be most thankful and hopefully someone else could benefit from it too!

It's because of people like you these forum keep ticking; I don't come here often, but when I do you have helped me out the vast majority of the time.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I actually used after effects for that, but you can do it in aviutl.

I'll upload the aviutl project file and assets. For the asset, I used a cropped version (crop.png) instead of the large image, but the concept is the same

1) Import 2 instance of the image. Recall that layers with higher numbers are "on top" (reverse to something like photoshop or image editors). So Layer 1's instance is just the plain version, no filters. Think of it as the background image

2) Layer 2's instance has mask and glow effect applied. The mask is just a rectangle/square, and you adjust the parameters to the region of interest. You can disable Layer 1's visibility temporarily by clicking the layer 1 button to visualize what is going on better (click it again to reactivate). Another method is to use a nested scene as the mask, this way you can have more complex, animated masks. But a rectangle is all you need here. Think of it as limiting the effect of the glow. Instead of everything glowing, you only want the area of interest to glow

3) Set the glow parameters like color, blur , etc... and keyframe the strength. The first thing you do before setting keyframes is set the interpolation type (e.g. push the strength button and set it to something other than "no movement"). Rectilinear is just linear. There other interpolation curves you can use. Then you advance right click and set midpoints or the shortcut key is "p". It's a bit tough if you're new to aviutl's keyframing (they are called "midpoints" in aviutl) system, but there is a tutorial thread with videos where racer-x goes over the basics
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks again! I think I got it. I can't wait to mess around with it this weekend.
    Quote Quote