I bought an AAXA M4 DLP RGB LED projector through Amazon.ca almost 2 years ago. The warranty was only 1 year and less than 2 months out of warranty the 1st colour led cut out and whites turned a yellowish tinge and blues had a definite aquamarine colour shift. Except for all white backgrounds it wasn't that bad since most white items in videos still showed as a duller white and some colours a bit muddy. It was only a bit dimmer but it was still watchable at over 90" diag. even in eco mode in a dark room. I used it another 9 months or so and then the next LED colour quit and now the image is completely red and much dimmer.

I wrote to the seller AAXA Technologies and they can't help saying they don't fix out of warranty even if I pay and they don't stock parts so I can't order any. They will not provide specs of any components ie... LED type, driver boards etc... nor will they help with path diagrams or anything else except to tell me to try to find someone handy with electronics so I need to go 3rd party if I want this fixed. It's a 1 year product for the consumer if it fails after that.

I tried to do some research but I'm working blind. I found China made 30W RGB COB led but I have no idea if that is the type used in projectors. The max lumen specs of the green bank (Chinese desc. but I think "Green" based on sequence pic 2) curiously match the max specs of the AAXA M4 projector which is rated at 800 lumen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RGB LED BW PIC.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	40962

Click image for larger version

Name:	RGB LED Power chart.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	40963

Since the company won't help obviously I'm left with guessing as to the design, components and what the problem could be. At first I thought the LED itself had burned out but the way the colours went out the problem might be the driver board. If i"m right, based on the chart the voltage would have to be maxed out to achieve the 800 lumen rating of a 35 watt RGB COB led chip. As I said the PJ still works but its all red. It's natural that the PJ would also be dimmer since in the chart RED is the colour that lights with the least voltage of 22-24 volts The higher voltage green and blue led won't light. If I could find a reliable electronic repair shop in Ontario Canada they might be able to fix the board. I haven't opened it up since I don't want to damage anything. I'd sooner have someone who knows what they are doing be the first to open it.

Anyone here familiar with the technology. I imagine the small LCD panel projectors use a single white LED so those probably won't be the same but
I suspect all DLP LED projectors use a similar RGB LED setup even if of different wattage or rated at different lumen. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.