VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Okay, I'm going nuts.. I've been trying for the past hour to rotate a video in Handbrake 1.0.3, with no luck.
    I want to rotate my video 90 degree clockwise, so from what I can read, ", --rotate=4" in extra options should work (without the " ").

But it doesn't.. I've tried many other variations of that command, but absolutely nothing happening. Nada.

What am I missing?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I just tried it with ", --rotate=4" and it worked fine.

What do you mean by "nothing happening"? When you press encode nothing happens? Or you get an output file but it's not rotated?
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jagabo; 11th Mar 2017 at 09:38.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Are you using the CLI or the GUI? In the GUI you can simply select the rotation filter. The documentation says for CLI rotation you'd also use 0, 90, 180 or 270 as value but if jagabo says "4" also works...
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	handbrake_rotate.png
Views:	2121
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	40899  

Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I just tried it with ", --rotate=4" and it worked fine.

What do you mean by "nothing happening"? When you press encode nothing happens? Or you get an output file but it's not rotated?
    I've tried that as well, with no luck. What I mean by "nothing", is that the output is not affected.

Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Are you using the CLI or the GUI? In the GUI you can simply select the rotation filter. The documentation says for CLI rotation you'd also use 0, 90, 180 or 270 as value but if jagabo says "4" also works...
    Was attempting the CLI as well as the "Extra options", with same results. I've completely missed the filter option - that works! Thanks!
    Quote Quote