VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So in an earlier version of A/d I could use [ and ] as A and B

In the latest it no longer works and I am forced to using some ridiculous setting of Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PdDn

Even though their own site says something totally different, and get this, all google sites come up with different ways

Are they changing the settings for this superb editor with each version

Is there a way I can set it back to [ and ] (which is intuitive really speeds up my editing) without going back to the old version ?

I like the new version as it shows us key frame locations and doesn't reposition upon zoom which was very unnerving.

Thanks in advance !
    Quote Quote  
  2. I tried to download the patch from http://avidemux.org/smif/index.php/topic,10336.msg55553.html but it doesnt exist
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    After doing a little reading around the ADM forum, I see the reason for changing it from [ and ] to Ctrl-PgUp and Ctrl-PgDn is because some keyboards do not have the [ and ] keys (and on others it is a two- or three-key combination), whereas Ctrl-PgUp and Ctrl-PgDn is far more universal. And the developer seemed to be adamant about leaving it that way.

You can edit the keyboard shortcuts in the source code, and rebuild it yourself. Of course, you'd probably have to perform that change every time you downloaded a new version. Don't ask me the details, as I've never tried it myself, but here's the info on it:

http://avidemux.org/smif/index.php/topic,17581.msg79780.html#msg79780
    Do or do not. There is no "try." - Yoda
    Quote Quote  
  4. Wow...really...ok thanks for the info. Problem is I have the Logitech keyboard and it page up/dn in that is a combination of 2-3 keys and very iffy
    Too bad developers of great software become so opinionated in time like google
    Why cant they let users change the settings as in MPC
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That's why I like software like Aegisub and GIMP, where they set the default keyboard shortcuts, but they make it easy to change them or add your own.

Some of the default shortcuts correspond to functions I never use, so I've remapped them to functions that I DO use (like assigning Shift+Ctrl+C for "Color to Alpha" in GIMP), whereas other functions — like "Open Video" in Aegisub — didn't have a default shortcut, but I use the function a lot, so I added Ctrl+Alt+O for that one.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I just need trimming functionality for mkv/mp4 ...sadly VDub doesnt do either, does Aeigsub support trimming clips ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. No, it's for editing subtitles. SolveigMM Video Splitter has single button shorts for start and end (M, N keys) but switching from a software you seem otherwise happy with just because of the buttons seems crazy. If you can't edit the source and compile yourself there must be some way to make a custom keyboard mapping, right? I'm too lazy to google it myself...
    Quote Quote  
  8. It may sound crazy, I agree but I was used to a single-button marker setting, not 3-buttons

I will try out the link you sent but I am trying to get at what the last version of AviDemux was that had the [ and ] markers and pretty sure I may go back to it having unsucessfully many tried other editors.

I checked out the earlier link from awgie but the poster there admitted it was complicated.

I will look for custom kyb mapper in the meantime...I was thinking about it, then forgot, thanks for reviving the thought !
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks again, sneaker...I tried various mappers then fell back to AHK (which I had installed already)...back to biz with AviDemux now ! Cheers !
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I believe the latest version with the [ and ] keyboard shortcuts was 2.6.12
    Quote Quote