VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've captured a video file (Football Game), from my DVR to my PC, in M2TS format. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, in trying to burn to Blu Ray disc. I've tried TSMuxer, MultiAVCHD, etc. I get errors of it not being the right format. The sound, cannot be converted to AC3. Using ArcSoft Showbiz, to capture. The file plays fine on my PC. I guess, basically, the file isn't recognized as a Blu Ray file. I'm capturing in M2TS, because of quality. Other options, are MTS and M4A. Thank you, in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Did you capture in 1920x1080 or 1280x720 resolution? If you did you might need to clean up the captured video stream as sometimes there are errors in the recordings that cause authoring programs to choke. TS Doctor or VideoReDo or any of the free tools in the applicable software section on this site will help with that. I clean up all my PVR2 caps first before authoring and burning.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1920x1080. What do you use, once you clean the streams? Is the M2TS a good format to capture in? I'm looking for the best quality.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DJV View Post
    I've captured a video file (Football Game), from my DVR to my PC, in M2TS format. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, in trying to burn to Blu Ray disc. I've tried TSMuxer, MultiAVCHD, etc. I get errors of it not being the right format. The sound, cannot be converted to AC3. Using ArcSoft Showbiz, to capture. The file plays fine on my PC. I guess, basically, the file isn't recognized as a Blu Ray file. I'm capturing in M2TS, because of quality. Other options, are MTS and M4A. Thank you, in advance.
    MTS and TS are the best capture options offered by Arcsoft Showbiz.

If your MTS capture contains AAC audio, then that is definitely a problem. AAC audio is not allowed by the Blu-ray spec. Maybe you can convert the audio using a different program.

I use VideoReDo TV Suite for editing. It cannot convert audio to AC3. I don't know if TSDoctor can.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, I read something regarding that. Should I capture in one of the other formats (MTS, M4A)? I'm just trying to keep the best quality.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I capture in M2TS also with AC3 audio. I am guessing your problem is with the audio. As mentioned above AAC is incompatible with bluray. Check your recording settings and make sure you are not capturing AAC audio. For this project demux audio and video and convert the audio to AC3. Remux, author and burn.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As for the recording settings, there isn't another option. Sadly...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've researched much, on this. I went ahead and converted to mkv, but now, I'm looking for the best way to burn to Blu Ray disc.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've researched much, on this. I went ahead and converted to mkv, but now, I'm looking for the best way to burn to Blu Ray disc.
    Do you mean the best way to convert/author the MKV as Blu-ray and burn it to BD-R, or the best way to burn the MKV file to a BD-R as data?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The best way to convert/author the mkv as Blu Ray and burn to BD-R.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The best way to convert/author the mkv as Blu Ray and burn to BD-R.
    I played with TS Muxer and BD Rebuilder a little today using a file recorded using an HD-PVR Colossus which I had already edited using VideoReDo TV Suite to clean up any glitches and remove advertisments. The file was recorded via HDMI and had AC3 audio (provided by the source, not the encoder) with AVC video. TSMuxer accepted the file for authoring as is. BD Rebuilder re-encoded both the audio and video, but successfully authored the file.

If TSMuxer won't work, then you could try BD Rebuilder.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need to try BD Rebuilder. The capture audio, is what's causing the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    BD Rebuilder default settings deinterlace interlaced video automatically. Because this recording contains sports, you probably want to keep the video interlaced to preserve fluid motion. Look under Settings->Setup and uncheck "Use DEINTERLACER on interlaced sources".
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need to try to capture in WinTV. It gives an option of AC3 audio.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    BD Rebuilder default settings deinterlace interlaced video automatically. Because this recording contains sports, you probably want to keep the video interlaced to preserve fluid motion. Look under Settings->Setup and uncheck "Use DEINTERLACER on interlaced sources".
    Thank you! I'll be sure to check that.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use to capture with aac when I got the pvr 2 until I figure out how to force to capture with ac3 as audio. I Still have old captures with aac audio with them. I used XMedia Recode to copy the video over and I selected ac3 to convert. This worked for me many times. Maybe it will work for you.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Right on! How did you figure out how to force AC3 capture?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used ffdshow codec on capture4me a very long time ago.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Right on! How did you figure out how to force AC3 capture?
    If you bought the Hauppauge HD-PVR 2 1512, it includes the ability to record AC3 audio. The Hauppauge HD-PVR 2 Gaming Edition Plus 1504 also has the ability to record AC3 audio. The older Hauppauge HD-PVR 2 Gaming Edition 1480 does not have the ability to capture AC3 audio.

Note that the HD-PVR 2 doesn't have the ability to encode Dolby Digital/AC3. It can only capture AC3 audio when it receives it via HDMI or optical S/PDIF. This means that your set-top box must be set up to output 5.1 channel AC3 over HDMI to record 5.1 channel AC3 audio from HDMI. If your set-top box is set up to output LPCM, the HD-PVR 2 can only record two channel AAC audio. Optical S/PDIF is normally used to record AC3 audio when using component video as input.

You need to make sure that AC3 capture is enabled in Showbiz and in the hardware encoder settings. AC3 recording works for TS format. Supposedly it does not work for MP4. I don't know about M2TS.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using component video. There isn't an option, to capture AC3, in my ArcSoft Showbiz. As for the audio, it's being captured, via RCA. I have a DirecTV DVR.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using component video. There isn't an option, to capture AC3, in my ArcSoft Showbiz. As for the audio, it's being captured, via RCA. I have a DirecTV DVR.
    If you are using Component video, you need to connect the HD_PVR to the audio source via an optical digital audio cable (AKA S/PDIF cable or Toslink cable) to record ac3 audio.

An example: https://www.amazon.com/BlueRigger-Digital-Optical-Audio-Toslink/dp/B005LJQMZC/ref=pd_l...7ZZTYDHZTXWYK/
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have one, let me check it out.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Doesn't even give an option, for optical digital audio, in Arcsoft Showbiz.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Doesn't even give an option, for optical digital audio, in Arcsoft Showbiz.
    I uninstalled the HD-PVR Colossus almost 2 years ago and switched to a CableCARD tuner for recording cable TV. I don't remember the exact settings I used for the Colossus.

Some of the settings I needed to enable/disable might have been in the Colossus driver components accessible via ArcSoft Showbiz. (I used the version of ArcSoft ShowBiz included on the installation disc and didn't update it. I had been warned that the update removed access to the Colossus encoder's bit rate controls.)

[Edit]I know that I was able to record audio via an optical digital audio with component video input. I tried that before getting a ViewHD VHD-1X2MN3D HDMI splitter so I could capture via HDMI.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 8th Mar 2017 at 11:04.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I finally got a Blu Ray disc made. I loaded the AVCHD file, into VideoReDo 5. I went to edit mode (Love the easy cutting capability). Saved the file. Opened in MultiAVCHD, processed and burned with IMGBurn, whew. Talk about some work (time). Thank you guys, for the input. This would have been so much easier, if my PVR 2 (ArcSoft Showbiz), offered AC3 audio, for capturing. I tried going from the DVR to my PVR, via HDMI, but the protection wouldn't allow. I hooked up the optical cable, but it didn't give me another option, for audio. I'll have to stick with the component/RCA connections.
    Last edited by DJV; 8th Mar 2017 at 12:43. Reason: Adding info
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    How did you fix the audio? Are you saying VideoReDo TV Suite 5 fixed the audio?

I have the PVR2 1512 model. For some reason their WINTV 8 capture software will not capture AC3. When I select in setup menu, then close setup, when I go back it is de-selected. WTF. I use Hauppauge Capture for recordings. I connect to DirecTV via HDMI (video only) and optical cable for AC3. Now setting it and configuring the AC3 capture is STRAIGHT PITA. In the setup tab in the software you have to de-select AAC and de-select HDMI audio capture. Then I have to do a series of software close and starts to get it working. It takes a BUNCH of patience and persistence to get it going.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    double post
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DVWannaB View Post
    How did you fix the audio? Are you saying VideoReDo TV Suite 5 fixed the audio?

I have the PVR2 1512 model. For some reason their WINTV 8 capture software will not capture AC3. When I select in setup menu, then close setup, when I go back it is de-selected. WTF. I use Hauppauge Capture for recordings. I connect to DirecTV via HDMI (video only) and optical cable for AC3. Now setting it and configuring the AC3 capture is STRAIGHT PITA. In the setup tab in the software you have to de-select AAC and de-select HDMI audio capture. Then I have to do a series of software close and starts to get it working. It takes a BUNCH of patience and persistence to get it going.
    I have the same model, but can't even get WinTV V7, to work. I've read it has issues with Windows 7, which is what I have. I connected an optical cable, but it didn't seem to work. Showbiz, only gives me AAC audio. I just used VideoReDo 5, then MultiAVCHD. I got it to Blu ray disc. I did convert it to an MKV, using Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate, but didn't use that file. An MKV, can be put on a flash drive and played through several Blu ray players.
    One note:. I have my PVR2, connected to my DVR, via Component cables and for the audio, I use RCA cables.

I wouldn't say VideoReDo Fixed the audio, it just allowed me to make a file, that would work in MultiAVCHD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Ok cool. My best guess is VideoReDo cleaned up the errors in the file, which most of my recordings do have, so that the authoring software would accept. Then MultiAVCHD re-encoded your audio to 2-channel AC3. So yeah, I would include VideoReDo as part of your normal process chain from capture to burn (PVR2-VRD-MultiAVCHD-IMGBurn). Glad you had success.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Right on, let me know if you get it going? What authoring program do you use?
    Quote Quote