VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Can anyone help me? I am looking for a free decrypting program that works like AnyDVD HD? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As far as I know, DVDFab Passkey Lite is the free program which comes closest to working like AnyDVDHD, but it isn't able to defeat every type of copy protection. The paid version of DVDFab Passkey is more capable.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dvdfab has a free HD DECRYPTER that works
    Although it may not work on some new release movies.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could also rip with MakeMKV
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @DaveB69 Maybe this will help you clarify what you need.

If you need a free program that would allow you to play video directly from both commercial DVDs and commercial Blu-ray discs like AnyDVD HD can, DVDFab Passkey Lite has that ability. It also allows using other programs like Windows Explorer to copy files and folders from commercial DVDs and commercial Blu-ray discs, but only some of them because it has limitations regarding what it can decrypt.

If you need something that can decrypt and copy DVD files and folders to your HDD, DVDFab HD Decrypter free is a better choice than MakeMKV. MakeMKV can only create MKV files when decrypting DVDs. Both MakeMKV and DVDFab HD Decrypter can copy Blu-ray files and folders to your HDD, and both may be unable to decrypt some newly released movies.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 6th Mar 2017 at 11:11.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No free lunch here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    @DaveB69 Maybe this will help you clarify what you need.

If you need a free program that would allow you to play video directly from both commercial DVDs and commercial Blu-ray discs like AnyDVD HD can, DVDFab Passkey Lite has that ability. It also allows using other programs like Windows Explorer to copy files and folders from commercial DVDs and commercial Blu-ray discs, but only some of them because it has limitations regarding what it can decrypt.

If you need something that can decrypt and copy DVD files and folders to your HDD, DVDFab HD Decrypter free is a better choice than MakeMKV. MakeMKV can only create MKV files when decrypting DVDs. Both MakeMKV and DVDFab HD Decrypter can copy Blu-ray files and folders to your HDD, and both may be unable to decrypt some newly released movies.
    MakeMKV can also rip whole disk to your HDD.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I am looking to back up my DVD/Blu-ray collection to an external harddrive. I think I just want the movie only.

Dave
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks to everyone who responded. It was greatly appreciated.

Dave
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by n8tvm View Post
    MakeMKV can also rip whole disk to your HDD.
    That is only true for Blu-ray discs, which I noted in my post. It is not true for DVDs, which I also noted in my post.

I have MakeMKV, and just tried it again in case I forgot how it worked. The current version of MakeMKV can rip both DVDs and Blu-ray discs as MKVs, but only Blu-ray discs can also be ripped as files and folders using the "Backup" option. The "Backup" is not available when ripping DVDs.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DaveB69 View Post
    I am looking to back up my DVD/Blu-ray collection to an external harddrive. I think I just want the movie only.

Dave
    In that case, MakeMKV is probably the best choice. It can rip the main movie from a Blu-ray disc or DVD as an MKV.
    Quote Quote