+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes I did restart the PC.

I've run avsmeter with the -log.
    It shows in the command prompt the same error as I was getting in virtualdub.
    I'm probably being thick, but I can't see where the log file has been created? It's not in the folder I have avsmeter running from....
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK whilst I was waiting for a reply, I continued googling, and found a QTGMC download with required dlls.
    I have copied MT_Masktools-26.dll to the folder, and now I get a different error msg:

Evaluate: System exception - Access Violation
    (QTGMC.avsi , line 918)
    (QTGMC.avsi, line 473)

I am guessing this may mean I've found the file I'm looking for, but possibly the wrong version...?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That's a lot of plugins...!
    Shame there's not an easy way to just extract them all to the plugins folder.
    I think I've done them all, but there was no mt_masktools.dll in there.
    I put that back in from my previous attempt and still get the same access violation message.

Is it possible for someone to just give me a zip of their plugins folder or is that against the rules?

Another question is, could the clip I'm using be causing the issue?

*EDIT to add* I haven't done anything with the fftw folder as I haven't a clue what that's about!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Right I'm going to bed (another later night that hasn't got me anywhere )

Thanks everyone for the help so far. I fought shy of avisynth for years fearing this exact issue. I just want something that works! lol

I'll persevere for another day or so, as I really want this to work, but likewise I do not have endless amount of spare time...!

Any other suggestions welcomed!

Nick
    Quote Quote  
  5. Just try hello_hello's collection of everything you need. Replace everything you might have already with his versions, including the QTGMC.avsi.

Yes, it's infuriating and frustrating and makes you feel stupid.

But, it's worth it in the end. And you've begun with one of the most difficult filters to get working in all of AviSynth. After getting this one going, anything else will be a breeze (well, almost everything). But, again, it'll be worth it. About all I work with is field-blended garbage and without QTGMC and SRestore I'd be completely lost. And if, after all this, you still can't get QTGMC to work, we can point you to bobbers nearly as good and much easier to get going.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK I'll have another go later, stripping it all back and starting again.
    I'm not sure about the fftw folder though. It's talking about making libraries or something and I really haven't a clue about that. Can I ignore that folder or do Ineed to work through that aswell?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by nick1977 View Post
    Can I ignore that folder...
    Nope. Take the libfftw3f-3.dll and put it in the Windows->System32 or SysWow64 folder, depending on if you have a 32 bit or 64 bit version of Windows. Same thing if there's a fftw3.dll. I haven't downloaded hello_hello's collection as I already have a working QTGMC.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by nick1977 View Post
    I believe my instruction was very specific. Why are you not following it?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Originally Posted by nick1977 View Post
    I believe my instruction was very specific. Why are you not following it?
    I'm sorry I misread it (blame my tiredness!)
    I've now done it and can see from the results what was wrong. I installed the 64 bit version of the C++ package (thinking it was linked to Windows version).
    Now I've installed the 32-bit both the QTGMC and SRestore functions are working

Thanks everyone for your help!
    Quote Quote