VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm not sure if it's my specs or something else, but this lag is really getting annoying. This is the first time it's happened for me. It's not just pp either, mpc, vlc, kmp, 5kp, gop, etc. either freeze, lag or crash when i try to play these files. below are my specs:

Processor
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz

Video Card
    AMD Radeon R7 M260

Video Card #2
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500

RAM
    8.0 GB

Operating System
    Microsoft Windows 10 (build 14393), 64-bit

i have the klite codec pack, i use the lav, i turned off dvxa codecs, i tried changing the refresh rate on my monitor but nothing. any clue as to what it could be? thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Post MediaInfo logs of the files. If you are trying to play high bitrate / 4Kp60 or similar your PC is simply too slow. If it's not that try switching between "none" and "DXVA2 (copy-back)" in the LAV Video hardware settings. But Broadwell only has hybrid HEVC and limited to 8 bit at that. And your old AMD card has no HEVC decoding at all. I recommend MPC-HC / LAV 64 bit for fast software decoding of HEVC.
    Quote Quote  
  3. oh shit lol. i was worried my graphic card was too old ;;

attached is a log of my file. ill try the solutions you offered tho
    Quote Quote  
  4. That video is AVC, not HEVC. And only 1920x800 resolution at 24 Hz. Your PC should be able to handle it without breaking a sweat.
    Quote Quote  
  5. thats really weird then bc all the players keep lagging/crashing. even mpc with ur recommended settings.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Try updating/reinstalling the GPU drivers. Check that neither CPU nor GPU are clocking down and/or overheating (GPU-Z, CoreTemp/CPU-Z). Restart the PC. Check Task Manager for any background processes eating up all CPU/RAM or HDD I/O.
    Quote Quote