VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi. Most of the DVDs I've worked on have followed the same route - watch it frame-by-frame, no miceteeth=fine, miceteeth=run separatefields(). Motion every frame=use QTGMC(), motion every second frame=use IVTC/TFM.

Today's DVD is an odd one in that it has miceteeth but separatefields, when I click forward a frame at a time, is giving me an image which I can best describe as 'two steps forward, one step back'. Also, every second frame is showing a little bit of blackbar along the top.

I know some of you like to have a clip but, from the above description, does anyone recognise what the issue is and what deinterlacing method should be used? Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by pooksahib View Post
    Today's DVD is an odd one in that it has miceteeth but separatefields, when I click forward a frame at a time, is giving me an image which I can best describe as 'two steps forward, one step back'.
    Wrong field order. Use AssumeTFF() or AssumeBFF() before SeparateFields().

Originally Posted by pooksahib View Post
    Also, every second frame is showing a little bit of blackbar along the top.
    One field has a black line at the top. That's not unusual.

Originally Posted by pooksahib View Post
    I know some of you like to have a clip but, from the above description, does anyone recognise what the issue is and what deinterlacing method should be used?
    Probably QTGMC() or Yadif(mode=1).
    Quote Quote  
  3. AssumeTFF() does the trick. Thank you once again, jagabo.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Note that the default, if the source filter doesn't indicate the field order, is BFF.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Duly noted...
    Quote Quote