VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Can anyone help? I have a few dvd's with the movie spanning two dvd's (LOTR extended, The Godfarher part 2, The Triangle). I want to rip and merge the movie to one file. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dave
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MakeMKV

MKVMerge append

EAC3To extract (to fix any gaps MKVMerge may leave in the file)

MKVMerge again...

That's one way, you could even skip the EAC3To bit...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the info. I don't understand something though. Makemkv says it is free yet it is asking me for a registration code. I go to the website and it is $70 for a registraition number. I can not afford that. Is there a free alternative to Makemkv?

Dave
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  5. Then why is Make mkv saying it cannot be used unless I purchess a registration number?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you follow the link I posted?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks, Yes I did and it took. Greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Now let me see if I got this right. 1) Run Makemkv first for both disks, 2) run MKVmerge to merge the two mkv files and the movie should now be just one file?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MKVToolNix GUI, drag and drop the first file on and it should activate the tab, drag and drop the second file and unless you've changed some settings it should ask what to do with it, make sure to ask to append the file and from there you can just start muxing.
    Last edited by ndjamena; 28th Feb 2017 at 14:01.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I am having issues with toolnix. I have uninstalled and re-installed the program and I keep getting "the video file cannot be appended onto itself." How can I fix this?
    Quote Quote