VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Noticed that a Program called Video Enhancer 2 is available free today.

It seems fully based on VD filters, and as you choose effect links you to install more VD filters

If this just a more up to date front end to VD ?

Interested it the forum views.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well I went to their website and I do not see a free offer.

But why pay 40 bucks when VD is free ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Offer is not on web site .. it is on GiveAwayoftheDay for today only:
    https://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

I get some useful stuff from them for free, admit 90% is utilities I am not interested in - but had some good items.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	GAOTD.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	40732  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK.

But call me sceptical but there is no such thing as a free lunch. I took a look at the download page it is appears to use a bespoke installer. That smells of co-installation of ad-ware etc.
    Quote Quote  
  5. That smells of co-installation of ad-ware etc.
    That's not the case.And like tafflad sometimes (Though far apart) I find something usable like this
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The GiveawayOfTheDay site is legit. I've gone there for years. Smaller software makers use it as a promotional tool. Each day, they offer a piece of commercial software for free download with a legit licence from the vendor for one day only. No viruses or adware. Most of the software that gets offered is garbage, but sometimes good stuff does appear.

The Video Enhancer they are offering today is the Infognition Video Enhancer. I downloaded and installed it earlier today, and it is working fine.
    Last edited by Gramps; 25th Feb 2017 at 18:50.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    --- Deleted ---
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    OK.

But call me sceptical but there is no such thing as a free lunch. I took a look at the download page it is appears to use a bespoke installer. That smells of co-installation of ad-ware etc.

I'm sure you have been called worse things than sceptical .

Giveaway of the day has been going for several years, is absolutely not a scam.
    You register by submitting email in the box on: https://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

Then you get most days an email with one and sometimes 2 offers of free software, you have only that day to install and activate ... in return you get free s/ware fully licensed.

Sure there is junk .... for example seems to be dozens of people writing CD ripping apps.

I take up 2 or 3 programmes a year ... had some useful video and stills programs .. it is free, worth trying .. you only need to download something if you want it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Tafflad View Post

I'm sure you have been called worse things than sceptical .
    Too bleedin' true m8

But then I also get emails from firms and I always ask where the heck they got my addr from.

But if this outfit is absolutely clean then I doff my hat to them. It's just when someone even says BOGOF to me (no swearing or rude comment dear mod) I just know that eventually I will be paying for that offer.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Often software is from well known companies ...sometimes it is smaller companies trying to known.
    100% genuine.

Only pain I found was after a long time working fine, downloads would not unzip (advise of corrupt file) .. turns out it only happens if you have Kaspersky Internet Security installed, and OS was W7 64bit. Some hole in W7 vulnerability that Kaspersky patch, stops the successful unpacking (even if KIS disabled). Not an issue in W10.

Worth registering .. might see something you like.

Plus an email every day will make you feel wanted
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't doubt that sometimes software offered on Give Away of the Day might also install a potentially unwanted program, and for certain many of their offers are not worth downloading, but GAOTD is legit and some offers are worthwhile.

Several years ago I obtained a copies of Womble MPEG-VCR and MPEG Video Wizard DVD via GAOTD offers. I'm still using them.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Several years ago I obtained a copies of Womble MPEG-VCR and MPEG Video Wizard DVD via GAOTD offers. I'm still using them.
    Me too: those exact same programs. I still use them all the time.

And, there were some I downloaded which I later upgraded which, of course, is the whole reason for why companies offer their products for free (they eventually make money on the upgrades).
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    any copy of giveaway of yesterday?

for what i know you need install same day and one time installation .
    Quote Quote