VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying out Staxrip again, I remember this to be an excellent encoder.
    But....this time I have problems with getting any sound in my mp4 files. When I rightclick in the fields that should have contained soundfiles, I just find avs files.
    Staxrip is mentioning about qaac: that it fail to locate CoreAudioToolbox. Maybe this is the problem? Does anyone know about this problem?
    Quote Quote  
  2. qaac needs .dll files from Apple.
    1. Download the iTunes 64 bit installer
    2. get the portable installer from the qaac website
    3. install 7-zip (or get portable 7z.exe)
    4. move/extract all of the above into the same folder
    5. run "makeportable.cmd"
    6. move contents of the new "QTfiles64" folder to the qaac64.exe in the StaxRip folder
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have iTunes 64 bit installer, and makeportable.cmd in the same folder, but when I double-click (run) makeportable.cmd, nothing happens. And no QTfiles64 folder is appearing.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Did you follow point 3?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, I jumped past that point, because I thought about 7z as a "zip" program (compression), and that windows probably had similar built in.
    I installed 7z, ran the program "makeportable.cmd" and then I got the maps QTfiles and QTfiles64
    I have copied the files in QTfiles64 into qaac folder, and will now check the Staxrip again.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Still the same problem: no audiofiles are appearing in the "audio"-field in Staxrip. So the problem has another cause. But thanks about the qaac anyway

The video file that I'm trying to convert to .mp4 is a .mts file by the way.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Those fields should usually be filled automatically by StaxRip when opening the source. Is this not happening? Can you show the log?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I choose vob-files from dvd, it is working. Then the audio-field is filled with an audiofile. But not when I'm trying with the .mts file. It is also working when I choose a .mp4-file.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  9. Try to rename to "055.TS".
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Then it worked like a charm! Thanks!
    So strange that the developer is not taking .mts into consideration with Staxrip.
    Quote Quote