VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys, new here so please excuse if in the wrong group. I have 4 images (Photo1.bmp, Photo2.bmp, Photo3.bmp and Photo4.bmp) which I would like to make into a video with each image showing for about 1/2 a second. I have tried with multiple images and ok but I only have 4 images which I would like to view over 2 seconds. Any help with mmpeg greatly appreciated and not much hair left here lol. Thanks in advance guys.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What software are you using to make that video?
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Wishing to use ffmpeg (apologies was an error in spelling)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Every relevant mention of "mmpeg" seems to refer to FFMPEG.

Someone who actually knows what they're doing might chime in but from a few seconds of research it works something like this:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -r 1/2 -start_number 1 -i "photo%3d.bmp" -c:v libx264 -vf "fps=24000/1001,format=yuv420p" e:\out.mp4
    (not tested)
    Last edited by ndjamena; 24th Feb 2017 at 11:01.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Testing on my simulator shows you should put the '-framerate 1/x' before the '-i input' for input rate and -r xx for output rate after '-i input'

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_210 Feb. 24 23.11.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	40724

And it produced a video 2 seconds long at 30 fps

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_210 Feb. 24 23.09.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	40725
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thankyou guys, will work with those and hopefully good for me. Thanks for your time, appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ffmpeg -r 2/1 -start_number 1 -i "F:\Work\Untitled%1d.bmp" -c:v utvideo -pred 3 -vf "fps=25,format=yuv420p" "F:\Work\Untitled.avi"

This worked, but the last frame always seems to only last a single frame so I added a black image file at the end.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks ndjamena, I'll try that too. thankyou for your help. After trying it was looking good but when I numbered the images in the actual images, 1,2,3,4 to check each frame was being displayed, number 4 was not being displayed.
    Last edited by AnthonyHunt; 26th Feb 2017 at 00:03.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are you sure it's not there? Like I said, for some reason FFMPEG will make the final image last only a single frame. I had to add a fifth image to get the video to last 2 seconds (plus the extra frame).

ffmpeg -r 2 -start_number 1 -i "F:\Work\Untitled%2d.bmp" -c:v utvideo -pred 3 -vf "fps=25,format=yuv420p" -t 00:00:02.000 "F:\Work\Untitled.avi"

adding -t 00:00:02.000 trims the extra frame, leaving 2 seconds worth of video made from the first 4 images.
    Quote Quote