VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello guys,

Still wanting to improve my (Bollywood) karaokes, I would like to put them on a USB key in AVCHD formats, to read them via my Sony Home Cinema.
    What is important for me is to have the choice to read or not my French subtitles.

Well, I created an American karaoke, with the song "Harvest moon", from Neil Young :
    Click image for larger version

Name:	HarvestMoon01.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	40700
    You can see the karaoke line at the bottom, and my French translation on the top.

I created it with aegisub, then hardsubed the karaoke effect with Xvid4PSP, to obtain a m2ts file.
    Then, with tsmuxer, I muxed this file with my subs, putting them on top of the picture, so not to overwrite them on the karaoke lines.
    I created a AVCHD structure, and copy it on a USB key: it is perfect, I can see on my TV exactly what I created. I just have to select "AVCHD" with my remote control, and the file is read.

BUT...

I can write only one AVCHD file at a time on the USB key, of course. I would like to have several AVCHD structures on the key, to read multiple files.
    How can we do this?

I tried to rename the files AVCHD1, AVCHD2,... I tried to create several folders with the names of my karaokes files, and in each on, recreate the AVCHD structure:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	structure.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	40701

But when I try to read them on my Sony Blu-Ray Home Cinema, I am obliged to select the m2ts file in the STREAM folder, and I lose my French subs.
    Is there another way?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I guess it's a software limit on your sony blu-ray player. If it only finds one BDMV folder it can read it as normal avchd/blu-ray. Or else it reads as data video files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Baldrick,

well, my Sony is a second-hand BDV-N590, maybe it's a bit old (O don't know its age!).
    I guess that for the moment my only solution is to use multiAVCHD.
    Quote Quote