VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm going to be "that guy" and say that it doesn't matter, I got my GTX1050 a while ago and have been running numerous encoding tests on Linux and I can't see why anyone would even consider encoding via a cpu based solution. The quality is great and the speed is crazy, as soon as I get some free time I will be posting a review of sorts.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    as usual, i am that "last guy" that tries something everyone is raving about. win xp, win7, win10, quicksync, and now amd's 1050/60/80. i still haven't tried it because i can't find an actual built system for at least $350. the kabylake laptop was a lucky find, actually, thanks to you and ezcapper. now all i need is something similar for the 1050 and can join the scene.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by sophisticles View Post
    I'm going to be "that guy" and say that it doesn't matter, I got my GTX1050 a while ago and have been running numerous encoding tests on Linux and I can't see why anyone would even consider encoding via a cpu based solution. The quality is great and the speed is crazy, as soon as I get some free time I will be posting a review of sorts.
    For example. Editing part is the time to be by the PC and you do not encode 24/7. Then rendering is happening not all the time but very comfortably thru a night or in the morning while working because this sort of thing is not your job. Not talking about trying to compress as many movies per time unit for God knows what reasons. Or you encode video on notebook (after editing perhaps again, not using this to compress as many movies per time unit, hell yeah there is people like that ) not bothering with clunky desktop. On the contrary, why would I spend a money to speed up compression? Or simply you do not want to go into a debt simply because there is no money, this goes for lots of people. And it is compressed a bit better.
    Can you see it now?
    Last edited by _Al_; 24th Feb 2017 at 12:55.
    Quote Quote