VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Can someone provide assistance or a link to a guide to batch rip a DVD box set using RipBot? I already used DVD Fab to rip all the titles via VOB passthrough. So at the moment, I have a bunch of episodes in vob. My concern in using RipBot is to ensure it deinterlaces if needed and crops each video correctly. Final output will be .MP4, but I am flexible, I hard code forced subtitles so that is the only time I care about subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by skylinekiller View Post
    My concern in using RipBot is to ensure it deinterlaces if needed and crops each video correctly.
    Ripbot is an outstanding program and I use it myself. However, it hasn't the ability to analyze video sources and then apply whatever filtering needs to be done. It's entirely up to you to decide what needs doing and then to tell RipBot.

The two encoding programs with which I'm familiar that do analyze a source and automatically apply the needed filters are AutoGK (which always encodes for XviD AVI) and MeGUI (which can create MP4s). MeGUI has a bit of a learning curve, though.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    That is what I currently use. This is my process

1) rip each video title with DVDFAB VOB passthroguh
    2) Use MeGUI and use FileIndexer to crop, de-interlace (if required) and add my Decomb to the .avs script
    3) Use foobar to make my .AAC sound file
    4) Use VDub with misc filters and a two pass to make .avi
    5) extract H264 and remux with Yamb
    6) Final tv series of .mp4
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I've been using VidCoder to convert my DVDs to MKV (H.264, AC3) MP4 is also an option.
    AnyDVD HD used to decrypt. If I need subs burned in, that's an option.
    I use AC3 passthrough, a CQ setting of 18, constant framerate.

For episode DVDs, I just select each episode and batch convert.

Takes about 10 minutes average with my system. File size about 2GB.

I did use RipBot, but I found VidCoder easier to use and still good quality.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    VidCoder works well, but it didn't autocrop correctly. When you do your box sets, how do you successfully get it to autocrop older shows that require a lot of cropping?
    Quote Quote