VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've begun work on capturing our old family VHS tapes (and soon, hopefully, 8mm films) to video. My parents and my sister were thrilled with my first two attempts; I took the 30-year old raw VHS tape of my parents' 25th anniversary and the 25-year old VHS copies of my sister's wedding, digitized them with my Mitsu HS-HD2000U and Hauppage tuner card, then edited and added titles and transitions in Corel VideoStudio before burning to DVD.

That's all well and good, but now I'm thinking long-term archiving. What I would like to do, if possible, is to put the raw capture files as well as the various project and working files on an archival BD-R M-Disk, along with the finished project...and still have the project play normally in a standard Blu-ray player. (It should be obvious, but I would expect to have to load the disk in a PC's BD-ROM drive to access the project files...it's only the finished video I want to play normally.)

I can create an ISO file easily enough in VideoStudio, but I'm not sure as to how to add the project files. I've looked at WinISO, but I'm not certain as to how to use it and they haven't responded to a request for information. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    --------Eric H. Bowen; USN Battleship Veteran (USS Missouri, BB-63, 1985-88)
    16" Armor Piercing - When you care enough to send the very, VERY best!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can VideoStudio be configured to output the authored Blu-ray as files and folders rather instead of an ISO or a burned disc? If so, you could try using ImgBurn to create a Blu-ray ISO or burned media containing an additional folder. Add the folder containing the project files and raw capture files last. I do something like this for authored DVD.

I've never tried that myself for Blu-ray and have only authored a few Blu-ray discs. I mostly just burn media files to Blu-ray as data.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Can VideoStudio be configured to output the authored Blu-ray as files and folders rather instead of an ISO or a burned disc?
    If so, I haven't figured it out yet. Maybe I need to sit down for a long session with the manual (which is now a PDF file...sigh).
    --------Eric H. Bowen; USN Battleship Veteran (USS Missouri, BB-63, 1985-88)
    16" Armor Piercing - When you care enough to send the very, VERY best!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ehbowen View Post
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Can VideoStudio be configured to output the authored Blu-ray as files and folders rather instead of an ISO or a burned disc?
    If so, I haven't figured it out yet. Maybe I need to sit down for a long session with the manual (which is now a PDF file...sigh).
    If VideoStudio is limited to ISOs and burning media, there is an easy work-around. You can mount the ISO using drive emulation software like like DVDFab Virtual Drive or Virtual CloneDrive (both free) and copy the files and folders to your HDD.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote