VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. Hi Sounds,

Did you install ASDtoDVD as admin?

Did you then run ASDtoDVD as admin or regular user?

Thanks so much.

Originally Posted by Sounds View Post
    I just downloaded this .webm http://dl1.webmfiles.org/big-buck-bunny_trailer.webm and converted it to a video TS with AVSTODVD . It plays on the pc under VLC. Haven't burnt but should play on standalone dvd player
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Another possibility is to put the A2D Preferences/ Paths back to their default locations:
    c:\users\userid\...

Just in case there are any file permission problems.
    Does it fail on one particular webm file, or is everything failing ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I've only tried one webm file.

I'll see if I have another to try.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    Hi Sounds,

Did you install ASDtoDVD as admin?

Did you then run ASDtoDVD as admin or regular user?

Thanks so much.

Originally Posted by Sounds View Post
    I just downloaded this .webm http://dl1.webmfiles.org/big-buck-bunny_trailer.webm and converted it to a video TS with AVSTODVD . It plays on the pc under VLC. Haven't burnt but should play on standalone dvd player
    not sure try it both ways
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi Sounds

That FF add-on seems to work well so far - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/download-youtube/[/url]

It only seems to work on YouTube videos and not videos on other sites.

Have to you found it downloads MP4s from other sites besides YouTube?

It's still very helpful.

Thank you so much.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    Hi Sounds

That FF add-on seems to work well so far - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/download-youtube/[/url]

It only seems to work on YouTube videos and not videos on other sites.

Have to you found it downloads MP4s from other sites besides YouTube?

It's still very helpful.

Thank you so much.
    Download YouTube Videos as MP4. The clue is in the name. Did you download your webm as mp4 and convert it tovideo TS?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I downloaded it as mp4 and converted it to an ISO and then burned it to a DVD watchable on a TV-DVD player.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    I downloaded it as mp4 and converted it to an ISO and then burned it to a DVD watchable on a TV-DVD player.
    OK I am curious what did you burn with and why ISO and not VideoTS.? Nothing wrong with your choice i am just curious
    Quote Quote  
  9. No problem. I read about DeVeDe so I downloaded and installed it. It will converts MP4 files to ISO format. Then, I used Ashampoo to burn the DVD. Ashampoo doesn't seem to recognize VideoTS.

I couldn't get ASDtoDVD to convert so I just used what worked. I have no preference one over another - just whatever works.

Using the FF YouTube Downloader eliminates using VLC Media Player to convert .webm to MP4 for YouTube videos. Non-YouTube videos will still require the VLC conversion.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    No problem. I read about DeVeDe so I downloaded and installed it. It will converts MP4 files to ISO format. Then, I used Ashampoo to burn the DVD. Ashampoo doesn't seem to recognize VideoTS.

I couldn't get ASDtoDVD to convert so I just used what worked. I have no preference one over another - just whatever works.

Using the FF YouTube Downloader eliminates using VLC Media Player to convert .webm to MP4 for YouTube videos. Non-YouTube videos will still require the VLC conversion.
    DeVeDe looks interesting but it will not open at all for me on win 7 32 bit virtual. It shows as running in task manager but is not visible. Have you version 3.17.00?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Yes, I'm running that version on a W7 (32 bit) laptop. The file I downloaded and then installed is named devede-setup-3.17.0-build2.msi

I'm not sure of its limits and maybe it doesn't have the same capabilities as ASDtoDVD but it's fairly straight forward in creating an ISO.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote