VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker or buy PlayOn and record Netflix! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Thread
  1. Iím not enjoying the success Iíd had with my prior .webm file so itís watchable on a TV-DVD player so I thought I might take the route of converting the .webm file to .MP4 and then burning that to a DVD watchable on a TV-DVD player.

However, when I use the Convert/Save in VLC Media player (version 2.2.1 for Windows) it converts the .webm to a MP4 file but there is no audio, just video.

Hereís my VLC settings:

In VLC,
    [Audio] [Audio Device]
    A check mark next to Default.

Other choice is Speakers Sigma-Tel C-Major Audio.

In VLC,
    [Media] [Convert/ Save]
    [Capture Device] [Audio Device Name]

Other choices are None and Microphone (Sigma-Tel C-Major Au)

Iím not sure why VLC is converting only the video and not the audio as well?

Thanks so much.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi all,

I'm also trying to use ASDtoDVD as I had successfully before but I've hit a snag.Click image for larger version

Name:	6-10-2017 ASDtoDVD Error Message.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	41959

I seem to have hit a snag trying to convert another .webm.

I didn't change any settings.

This is what I got...

Process aborted during DVD AUTHORING operations!

Check following files for more details:

AVStoDVD log file <C:\Videos\Ric Steves Reformation Martin Luther\DVD.log>
    BatchMux log file <C:\Videos\Ric Steves Reformation Martin Luther\DVD_BatchMux.log>

For more troubleshooting on Authoring issues, see Help/FAQ/Authoring.

Before exiting, do you want to keep the temporary DVD assets files?

Any idea why's I'm getting this now?

Thanks so much.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    Iím not enjoying the success Iíd had with my prior .webm file so itís watchable on a TV-DVD player so I thought I might take the route of converting the .webm file to .MP4 and then burning that to a DVD watchable on a TV-DVD player.

However, when I use the Convert/Save in VLC Media player (version 2.2.1 for Windows) it converts the .webm to a MP4 file but there is no audio, just video.

Hereís my VLC settings:

In VLC,
    [Audio] [Audio Device]

Other choice is Speakers Sigma-Tel C-Major Audio.

In VLC,
    [Media] [Convert/ Save]
    [Capture Device] [Audio Device Name]

Other choices are None and Microphone (Sigma-Tel C-Major Au)

Iím not sure why VLC is converting only the video and not the audio as well?

Thanks so much.
    Thought you said it played on TV DVD player? what did you convert it to before.?
    Quote Quote  
  4. This is a different .webm file than the one I had success converting so that the other .webm file was watchable on a TV-DVD.

This "new" .webm file doesn't seem to convert using ASDtoDVD nor can VLC Media Player convert it to MP4 so I could burn it to a DVD-R watchable on a TV-DVD player.

This "new" .webm file plays perfectly on the laptop in VLC Media Player.

It just won't convert to the format(s) necessary for it to be watched on a TV-DVD Player.

Has anyone enjoyed success converting a .webm file to MP4 using any program?

Thank you for your help and insights.
    Quote Quote  
  5. aybe there is a problem with the .webm Get media info and look at it. Copy the details here. Remove any personal info at the path - the C:\ etc part-if tere is any
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi Sounds,

Thank you so much for your help and patience.

I followed your enclosed link and installed that program to my laptop.

I canít seem to find that program listed anywhere in my Start > All Programs list.

The .exe file was named MediaINfo_GUI but I donít see anything listed for that.

When I installed the program it did not create a desktop icon nor did it prompt me to create one as some programs have done.

Can you pls share what name I should look for under All Programs to find that?

Once I do find it and open it, are there certain commands I need to give it?

Do I open that program after a failed attempt to convert the .webm file to .MP4 using VLC Media Player?

Or do I apply that program after a failed attempt to convert the .webm file using ASDtoDVD?

Thank you so much for all your kind help.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    Hi Sounds,

Thank you so much for your help and patience.

I followed your enclosed link and installed that program to my laptop.

I canít seem to find that program listed anywhere in my Start > All Programs list.

The .exe file was named MediaINfo_GUI but I donít see anything listed for that.

When I installed the program it did not create a desktop icon nor did it prompt me to create one as some programs have done.

Can you pls share what name I should look for under All Programs to find that?

Once I do find it and open it, are there certain commands I need to give it?

Do I open that program after a failed attempt to convert the .webm file to .MP4 using VLC Media Player?

Or do I apply that program after a failed attempt to convert the .webm file using ASDtoDVD?

Thank you so much for all your kind help.
    Mine is at C:\Program Files\MediaInfo. I have win7 64 bit. Try search on laptop for mediainfo.exe - all one word. Not MediaINfo_GUI
    What you do is go to the folder your webm is in and right click the webm and then click mediainfo. This is not to fix the file or convert it. It is to see what it contains. In options/preference/set up under output format make sure explorer extension... is ticked.That is to enable mediainfo in the context menu, that is the right click menu. You may get a clue if you compare the content to the one that converted . Here is an idea of what it looks like

You could also try converting another webm and if that works it would point to a problem with your current file, it may be corrupt. If you downloaded it try downloading it again in case there was a problem downloading
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mediainfo.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	42102  

Last edited by Sounds; 26th Jun 2017 at 13:06.
    Quote Quote  
  8. The laptop I was converting, burning, ripping on has a failing CMOS battery. So, I installed ASDtoDVD on another very old laptop (Windows 7) and used ASDtoDVD to convert that .webm file and it converted it to Audio_TS and Video_TS. I was informed that laptop is so old it only has a CD burner and DVD reader.

So, I copied the folder with all the Audio_TS and Video_TS to a flash drive and then copied all that folder and files from the flash drive to a newly created folder on another laptopís hard drive which does have a working DVD burner.

I also installed imgBurn on that laptop.

I opened the folder on the hard drive with imgBurn and clicked Write Files/Folders to Disk.

But I got 2 sets of error messages.

One Ė IMGBurn can not read from file: C:\Videos\webm file converting\DVD\Videso_tS\Video_TS.IFO

Two Ė IMGBurn Ė Fix VTS Sectors Failed! Reason: Could not find Video_TS.BUP file

Iíve also inced the IMGBunr log file (below).

Can anyone pls help me detect what is going wrong, why, where and how to correct it?

To reiterate, Iím trying to convert a .wem file to a DVD-R watchable on a TV-DVD player.

When I used VLC Media Player to convert this .webm file to .MP4 so I could try burning a DVD of it with AShampo, IMgBurn, BurnAware, etc. it burned a DVD with video but no audio.

Thank you for your help.

I 15:52:09 ImgBurn Version 2.5.8.0 started!
    I 15:52:09 Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition (6.1, Build 7601 : Service Pack 1)
    I 15:52:09 Total Physical Memory: 978,940 KiB - Available: 250,512 KiB
    I 15:52:09 Initialising SPTI...
    I 15:52:09 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
    I 15:52:11 -> Drive 1 - Info: PIONEER DVD-RW DVRTD08A 1.54-TOSHIBA (D (SATA)
    I 15:52:11 Found 1 DVDĪRW/RAM!
    I 15:54:02 Operation Started!
    I 15:54:02 Building Image Tree...
    E 15:54:02 IFOToBuffer(ReadFile) Failed?! - NumberOfBytesToRead: 12, NumberOfBytesRead: 0
    I 15:54:21 Checking Directory Depth...
    I 15:54:21 Calculating Totals...
    I 15:54:21 Preparing Image...
    W 15:54:28 Fix VTS Sectors Failed! - Reason: Could not find VIDEO_TS.BUP file.
    E 15:54:28 IFOToBuffer(ReadFile) Failed?! - NumberOfBytesToRead: 12, NumberOfBytesRead: 0
    E 15:54:30 Get Region Information Failed! - Reason: IFOToBuffer ran into problems with VIDEO_TS.IFO - File Size: 0 bytes
    E 15:54:36 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:00:34
    I 15:54:51 Operation Started!
    I 15:54:51 Building Image Tree...
    E 15:54:51 IFOToBuffer(ReadFile) Failed?! - NumberOfBytesToRead: 12, NumberOfBytesRead: 0
    I 15:57:24 Checking Directory Depth...
    I 15:57:24 Calculating Totals...
    I 15:57:24 Preparing Image...
    E 15:58:39 Fix VTS Sectors Failed! - Reason: Could not find VIDEO_TS.BUP file.
    E 15:58:39 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:03:47
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you really create a folder on your HDD as ........\Videso_tS\Video_TS.IFO ?

The correct naming is Video_TS

The other possibility, if it is correct, that you simply too many folder levels and are linking to the wrong one
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've never seen a problem like this. After putting Imgburn in Build mode (Write files/folders to disk) I simply drag the video_ts folder to the
    file selection window and start it up. It's always worked.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^ of course it would work if the folder name is correct or he has not dragged the wrong higher level.

Just awaiting the OPs response.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    The laptop I was converting, burning, ripping on has a failing CMOS battery. So, I installed ASDtoDVD on another very old laptop (Windows 7) and used ASDtoDVD to convert that .webm file and it converted it to Audio_TS and Video_TS. I was informed that laptop is so old it only has a CD burner and DVD reader.

So, I copied the folder with all the Audio_TS and Video_TS to a flash drive and then copied all that folder and files from the flash drive to a newly created folder on another laptopís hard drive which does have a working DVD burner.

I also installed imgBurn on that laptop.

I opened the folder on the hard drive with imgBurn and clicked Write Files/Folders to Disk.

But I got 2 sets of error messages.

One Ė IMGBurn can not read from file: C:\Videos\webm file converting\DVD\Videso_tS\Video_TS.IFO

Two Ė IMGBurn Ė Fix VTS Sectors Failed! Reason: Could not find Video_TS.BUP file

Iíve also inced the IMGBunr log file (below).

Can anyone pls help me detect what is going wrong, why, where and how to correct it?

To reiterate, Iím trying to convert a .wem file to a DVD-R watchable on a TV-DVD player.

When I used VLC Media Player to convert this .webm file to .MP4 so I could try burning a DVD of it with AShampo, IMgBurn, BurnAware, etc. it burned a DVD with video but no audio.

Thank you for your help.

I 15:52:09 ImgBurn Version 2.5.8.0 started!
    I 15:52:09 Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition (6.1, Build 7601 : Service Pack 1)
    I 15:52:09 Total Physical Memory: 978,940 KiB - Available: 250,512 KiB
    I 15:52:09 Initialising SPTI...
    I 15:52:09 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
    I 15:52:11 -> Drive 1 - Info: PIONEER DVD-RW DVRTD08A 1.54-TOSHIBA (D (SATA)
    I 15:52:11 Found 1 DVDĪRW/RAM!
    I 15:54:02 Operation Started!
    I 15:54:02 Building Image Tree...
    E 15:54:02 IFOToBuffer(ReadFile) Failed?! - NumberOfBytesToRead: 12, NumberOfBytesRead: 0
    I 15:54:21 Checking Directory Depth...
    I 15:54:21 Calculating Totals...
    I 15:54:21 Preparing Image...
    W 15:54:28 Fix VTS Sectors Failed! - Reason: Could not find VIDEO_TS.BUP file.
    E 15:54:28 IFOToBuffer(ReadFile) Failed?! - NumberOfBytesToRead: 12, NumberOfBytesRead: 0
    E 15:54:30 Get Region Information Failed! - Reason: IFOToBuffer ran into problems with VIDEO_TS.IFO - File Size: 0 bytes
    E 15:54:36 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:00:34
    I 15:54:51 Operation Started!
    I 15:54:51 Building Image Tree...
    E 15:54:51 IFOToBuffer(ReadFile) Failed?! - NumberOfBytesToRead: 12, NumberOfBytesRead: 0
    I 15:57:24 Checking Directory Depth...
    I 15:57:24 Calculating Totals...
    I 15:57:24 Preparing Image...
    E 15:58:39 Fix VTS Sectors Failed! - Reason: Could not find VIDEO_TS.BUP file.
    E 15:58:39 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:03:47
    Where did yougetthe file and how big is it. Can you upload it somewhere?
    on another very old laptop (Windows 7) and used ASDtoDVD to convert that .webm file and it converted it to Audio_TS and Video_TS. I was informed that laptop is so old it only has a CD burner and DVD reader.
    on this old laptop see if vlc plays it. Open vlc/media/open folder go to the Video-TS folder/click on the Video-TS folder/select folder . See if it plays before you try to brn it
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hi Sounds,

I will try to play those Video-TS files in that folder using VLC. There are 3-4 large files in that folder.

I got the file off YouTube. It's 181,293kb.

Thank you for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    Hi Sounds,

I will try to play those Video-TS files in that folder using VLC. There are 3-4 large files in that folder.

I got the file off YouTube. It's 181,293kb.

Thank you for your help.
    I don't know why you download from youtube as .webm files. I download them as mp4. If you have firefox you can get an add on to download from youtube as mp4 them you won't need to convert a .webm but can just convert to DVD, if I understand your aims properly https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/download-youtube/
    I will try to play those Video-TS files in that folder using VLC. There are 3-4 large files in that folder
    .You do not need to bother about the 3-4 large files. Only the Video_TS folder. Click on it, the click select folder

Name:	Video_TS.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	42195  

Last edited by Sounds; 1st Jul 2017 at 12:43. Reason: problems uploading screenshot
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hi Sounds,

I use FF on the laptop exclusively. I've used the FF add-on - Ant Downloader which downloads the content well.

Except for the past year+ where now I can no longer see the extension of the file download when choosing which to download.

Ex. I l click the Download button in the upper left. Sometimes (not always) a drop down menu appears but only listing as such...
    1070 x 980 (or whatever #) followed by the name of the content ala 1070 x 980 Killer Bees and the ..... - it wont list if it's a .webm, .MP4, whatever format. So, I don't know which format I I'm getting the content in until it completes downloading and I look at the file name on my hard drive.

In the past, all I did was click on the folder but now I get these weird error messages when I do that.

That laptop needs a CMOS battery so I moved on to another (old laptop) but I get weird error messages.

If I could download the file as MP4 I could then just burn that to a DVD using Ashampoo, IMGburn - correct?

I'll see if I can download and install that that FF add-on you use. I recall doing that and then I couldn't get it to start/launch/activate - whatever the verb is to describe clicking on the FF add on and making it download. As I recall, there was NO Download button (cf. Ant Downloader) created by that FF add on begging the question - then how do you launch it once installed?

Thanks so much!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    Hi Sounds,

I use FF on the laptop exclusively. I've used the FF add-on - Ant Downloader which downloads the content well.

Except for the past year+ where now I can no longer see the extension of the file download when choosing which to download.

Ex. I l click the Download button in the upper left. Sometimes (not always) a drop down menu appears but only listing as such...
    1070 x 980 (or whatever #) followed by the name of the content ala 1070 x 980 Killer Bees and the ..... - it wont list if it's a .webm, .MP4, whatever format. So, I don't know which format I I'm getting the content in until it completes downloading and I look at the file name on my hard drive.

In the past, all I did was click on the folder but now I get these weird error messages when I do that.

That laptop needs a CMOS battery so I moved on to another (old laptop) but I get weird error messages.

If I could download the file as MP4 I could then just burn that to a DVD using Ashampoo, IMGburn - correct?

I'll see if I can download and install that that FF add-on you use. I recall doing that and then I couldn't get it to start/launch/activate - whatever the verb is to describe clicking on the FF add on and making it download. As I recall, there was NO Download button (cf. Ant Downloader) created by that FF add on begging the question - then how do you launch it once installed?

Thanks so much!
    I installed ant video downloader on a virtual windows 7. It would not work just kept flashing so i uninstalled.
    I found this about it https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/315511-Ant-Video-Downloader
    if you want it to play on tv dvd you first have to convert to video _TS then burn it using what ever burner suits. i do not use Ashampoo or IMGburn. Also you should be careful downloading files you cannot see the extension of
    Download YouTube Videos as MP4 puts a download button on the youtube page. you just click dowload and choose what size file. Bigger size better quality
    if you want to private message me the link to the video i will see if i can download it and convert it and upload somewhere you can download

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	42196  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You are 'eager to learn' but you will not learn if you chose to ingnore certain replies and answer the questions raised.

To do that encourages people not to bother any try to help in the first place.

So be a good fellow and answer the question:

Is the folder you created 'Video_ts' or 'Videso_ts' as you named it.

And just playing one of those 'large' files, which will be named .vob, does not really help since most players will play those regardless of what else is in the folder or what that folder is actually named.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Iíve now tried to convert another .webm file downloaded weeks ago.

With ASDtoDVD installed on a working desktop (Windows 7 Ė 32 bit) I added the .webm file to be converted by ASDtoDVD and clicked Start but got this error message Ė

ďProcess aborted during DVD AUTHORING operations!

AVStoDVD log file <C:\Movies\Videos to Edit\DVD.log>
    BatchMux log file <C:\Movies\Videos to Edit\DVD_BatchMux.log>

Before exiting, do you want to keep the temporary DVD assets files?Ē

Below is the AVStoDVD log file for that ďexperiment.Ē

Can you detect whatís going wrong and how I might correct it?

Thank you!

<7/2/2017 2:58:29 PM>
    START PROCESS
    <>

PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Video Standard: NTSC
    DVD Titles number: 1
    DVD Size: 3293/4450 MB (74%)
    DVD Output Setup: DVD Folder
    DVD Label: DVD
    DVD Menu: No Menu
    Output Folder: C:\Movies\Videos to Edit
    Delete Temp Assets Files: Yes
    Delete Temp Working Files: Yes
    Edit Command Parameters: No
    Post Process Task: Show Progress Status window

PREFERENCES

MultiThread: 1
    AVS Video Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS Audio Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS UpSize/DownSize Filter: Lanczos4Resize/Spline16Resize
    Frame Adjust Strategy: 0
    FPS Hard Conversion: 0
    PAL SpeedUp: 0
    NTSC SlowDown: 0
    Video Resolution: 0
    Video Encoder: 0
    Video BitRate Min: 2500
    Video BitRate Max: 8500
    Keep DVD Compliant Video: 1
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 0
    Force FFmpeg for Long Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Format: 0
    DVD Audio BitRate: 192
    Keep DVD Compliant Audio: 1
    Normalize Audio: 0
    Auto Delay Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Audio Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Font: Tahoma 16pt (255,255,255)
    Chapters Interval: 5
    Use Source Chapters: 1
    DVD Burning Drive: D:\
    DVD Burning Speed: 4x
    Auto Erase DVD RW: 1
    Execute with Elevated Privileges: 0
    Unload ActiveMovie Library: 1
    Adjust DirectShow Filters at runtime: 1
    Save General Settings: 0

SYSTEM INFO

Processor Name: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
    Operating System: Windows 7 - Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 32 bit
    User has Admin Rights: NO
    Running with Elevated Privileges: NO (1)
    Available Output Disc Space: 98 GB
    AviSynth is installed: YES (release 2.6.0)
    LAV Filters is installed: YES (release 0.66.0)
    ffdshow is installed: NO

CODECS REPORT

H.264/AVC: Enhanced Video Renderer {FA10746C-9B63-4B6C-BC49-FC300EA5F256}
    Xvid: Enhanced Video Renderer {FA10746C-9B63-4B6C-BC49-FC300EA5F256}
    DivX 4/5/6: Enhanced Video Renderer {FA10746C-9B63-4B6C-BC49-FC300EA5F256}
    Other MPG4: Enhanced Video Renderer {FA10746C-9B63-4B6C-BC49-FC300EA5F256}
    DV: DV Video Decoder {B1B77C00-C3E4-11cf-AF79-00AA00B67A42}
    MPEG1: MPEG Video Codec {feb50740-7bef-11ce-9bd9-0000e202599c}
    MPEG2: Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder {212690FB-83E5-4526-8FD7-74478B7939CD}
    MP2: Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder {E1F1A0B8-BEEE-490D-BA7C-066C40B5E2B9}
    MP3: MP3 Decoder DMO {BBEEA841-0A63-4F52-A7AB-A9B3A84ED38A}
    AAC: LAV Audio Decoder {E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}
    AC3: No Preferred Filter set

<>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: C:\Movies\Videos to Edit\Video to be converted 2016 1080p - YouTube.webm
    Info: V_VP9 - 0 kbps - 854x480 - DAR 1.779 - 32.736 fps (VFR) - 51:58 minutes - 102058 frames
    Audio 1: C:\Movies\Videos to Edit\Video to be converted 2016 1080p - YouTube.webm
    Info: Opus - 0 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 51:58 minutes (0 ms delay) - EN
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.77]
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    Import("C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")
    Import("C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\Lib\MotionProtectedFPS.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("C:\Movies\Videos to Edit\Video to be converted 2016 1080p - YouTube.webm", CacheFolder="C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp", VFR=true, FrameRateNum=6547.2, FrameRateDen=200, FrameRate=32.736)
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("C:\Movies\Videos to Edit\Video to be converted 2016 1080p - YouTube.webm", CacheFolder="C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp")

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12()
    Video = Video.Spline16Resize(720,480)
    Video = Video.MotionProtectedFPS(29.97)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

DIRECTSHOW AUDIO MIXER OPERATIONS:
    No LAV Filters mixer ON/OFF adjustment required at runtime
    <>

START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Video Encoding Profile: FFmpeg CBR 1-pass
    Target Video FileSize: 3159.4 MB
    Encoding Parameters: -i "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Video to be converted 2016 1080p - YouTube_1.avs" -threads 2 -aspect 16:9 -c:v mpeg2video -b:v 8500k -minrate 8500k -maxrate 8500k -bufsize 2000k -dc 10 -y "C:\Users\user\Videos\Video to be converted 2016 1080p - YouTube.m2v"
    <>

<7/2/2017 2:58:45 PM>
    Process halted during Title 1 VIDEO encoding operations.

Error Message: 'Warning! Title 1 output Video duration (00:00:00) is shorter than expected duration (00:51:58).'

Video errors warning message skipped.
    <>

START AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Wavi+Aften Parameters: "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Video to be converted 2016 1080p - YouTube_1.avs" - | "C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\Aften\aften.exe" -b 192 -pad 0 -dynrng 5 -bwfilter 0 - "C:\Users\user\Videos\Video to be converted 2016 1080p - YouTube_1.ac3"
    <>

<7/2/2017 3:18:00 PM>
    WARNING! Errors found during Title 1 Audio Track 1 encoding.
    Audio filesize is too low (0 MB)
    Backup Audio encoding routine (FFmpeg Safe Mode) is starting ...
    <>

<7/2/2017 3:18:06 PM>
    START FFMPEG (SAFE MODE) AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1) - Trial 1/2
    FFmpeg Parameters: -threads 2 -i "C:\Movies\Video to be converted 2016 1080p - YouTube.webm" -vn -c:a ac3 -ar 48000 -ab 192k -y "C:\Users\user\Videos\Video to be converted 2016 1080p - YouTube_1.ac3"
    <>

<7/2/2017 3:19:38 PM>
    END AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Audio Source Filter: A2DSource (DirectShowSource)
    Created File: C:\Users\user\Videos\Video to be converted 2016 1080p - YouTube_1.ac3 (71.4 MB)
    OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 192 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 51:58 minutes (0 ms delay)
    <>

DVD CHAPTERS CREATION OPERATIONS
    Title 1 Input Chapters List: 8991 17982 26973 35964 44955 53946 62937 71928 80919 89910
    Title 1 Output Chapters List:
    No Chapters List created for Title 1
    <>

START DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    BatchMux Parameters: -arglist "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_BatchMux.ini "
    BatchMux ini file:
    -bmlog "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_BatchMux.log "
    -d "C:\Movies\Videos to Edit\DVD\VIDEO_TS"
    -mxp "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_MuxMan.m xp"
    -l "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_MuxMan.l og"
    -muxman "C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\MuxMan"
    -prio LOW
    -palette "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_Palette. txt"
    -v "C:\Users\user\Videos\Video to be converted 2016 1080p - YouTube.m2v"
    -vidmode LB
    -a1 "C:\Users\user\Videos\Video to be converted 2016 1080p - YouTube_1.ac3"
    -a1lang en

<>

<7/2/2017 3:19:57 PM>
    Process aborted during DVD AUTHORING operations!

AVStoDVD log file <C:\Movies\Videos to Edit\DVD.log>
    BatchMux log file <C:\Movies\Videos to Edit\DVD_BatchMux.log>

<>

<7/2/2017 3:20:47 PM>
    Warning! AVStoDVD Project ended with errors.
    <>

<7/2/2017 3:20:47 PM>
    Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.8.6
    <>
    Quote Quote  
  19. SoÖ To avoid any more complications, I installed AVStoDVD on a working laptop (W7, no CMOS battery issuesÖyet). It seemed to install OK. But, now when I click on it to use it I get the error messageÖ ď Warning! Windows Common Controls 6.0 ActiveX library (mscomctl.ocx) is not present or not correctly registered. This file is mandatory for AVStoDVD. ď

I have no idea what that means. I never got that message on the laptop running W7 whose CMOS battery is shot nor the even older Dell laptop.

How can I correct this?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Bye !
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The log clearly shows a problem, for some reason, the encoding of the source file failed. But there are other issues
    you should put right, see below
    Process halted during Title 1 VIDEO encoding operations.
    Error Message: 'Warning! Title 1 output Video duration (00:00:00) is shorter than expected duration (00:51:58).'

Also form the log-
    SYSTEM INFO
    User has Admin Rights: NO << this is possibly a problem

Regarding this:
    Warning! Windows Common Controls 6.0 ActiveX library (mscomctl.ocx) is not present . If you install A2D (the version with the installer not the portable version)
    it will offer to install this item. But you probably need to be using a LOGON with ADMIN authority
    Last edited by davexnet; 4th Jul 2017 at 00:40. Reason: clarity
    Quote Quote  
  22. Hmmm.

I haven't had any problem downloading with Ant but using the FF add-on Download YouTube (whatever that FF exact name is) would make it easier by eliminating having to convert to MP4.

Thank you so much for the graphic. I'll install and look for that.

Thank you for your kind and generous offer to download it and share the MP4 with me which I'm hoping I wont have to ask for as I'm going to try download it when I have the laptop.

Thank you again.

Originally Posted by Sounds View Post
    Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    Hi Sounds,

Thanks so much!
    I installed ant video downloader on a virtual windows 7. It would not work just kept flashing so i uninstalled.
    I found this about it https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/315511-Ant-Video-Downloader
    if you want it to play on tv dvd you first have to convert to video _TS then burn it using what ever burner suits. i do not use Ashampoo or IMGburn. Also you should be careful downloading files you cannot see the extension of
    Download YouTube Videos as MP4 puts a download button on the youtube page. you just click dowload and choose what size file. Bigger size better quality
    if you want to private message me the link to the video i will see if i can download it and convert it and upload somewhere you can download
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hi Dave,

When I installed ASDtoDVD I don't recall being promoted for ActiveX but I've been juggling so many things lately I could have missed this.

Maybe what I'll do is uninstall ASDtoDVD, and then do a fresh install and watch carefully for the Active X prompt.

I've never had to use ASDtoDVD as admin (cf. regular user) but I cna try that, too.

Thanks so much for perusing my post and sharing these suggestions.
    <snip>

Regarding this:
    Warning! Windows Common Controls 6.0 ActiveX library (mscomctl.ocx) is not present . If you install A2D (the version with the installer not the portable version)
    it will offer to install this item. But you probably need to be using a LOGON with ADMIN authority[/QUOTE]
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    Hi Dave,

When I installed ASDtoDVD I don't recall being promoted for ActiveX but I've been juggling so many things lately I could have missed this.

Maybe what I'll do is uninstall ASDtoDVD, and then do a fresh install and watch carefully for the Active X prompt.

I've never had to use ASDtoDVD as admin (cf. regular user) but I cna try that, too.

Thanks so much for perusing my post and sharing these suggestions.
    <snip>

Regarding this:
    it will offer to install this item. But you probably need to be using a LOGON with ADMIN authority
    Activex controls are only in internet explorer as far as i know. This link says they can be installed in firefox. Warning I do not know if this is safe
    I installed AVSTODVD in firefox with no reference to activex. It is release 286. I do not much about AVSTODVD so cannot help on this further
    Last edited by Sounds; 5th Jul 2017 at 16:10.
    Quote Quote  
  25. I downloaded ASDtoDVD using Chrome to a flash. I then copied that download from the flash to the laptop hard drive and clicked Install.

I have FF installed (and use) on that laptop and neve ruse IE - but it's auto installed as part of W7.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    I downloaded ASDtoDVD using Chrome to a flash. I then copied that download from the flash to the laptop hard drive and clicked Install.

I have FF installed (and use) on that laptop and neve ruse IE - but it's auto installed as part of W7.
    Don't know then why activex message came up. Did you try to redownload the webm in case it is corrupted?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's not activex, it's the Visual Basic common controls.
    A2D was written in Visual Basic and it uses it for runtime support. That's all it is.

I assumed, since it's classed as a system-level install (the .ocx file goes in \Windows) that
    you should be logged into an Administrator account before running the install.
    Last edited by davexnet; 5th Jul 2017 at 18:06.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    A2D was written in Visual Basic and it uses it for runtime support. That's all it is.
    ok didn't know that. I have mscomctl.ocx
    Quote Quote  
  29. I just downloaded this .webm http://dl1.webmfiles.org/big-buck-bunny_trailer.webm and converted it to a video TS with AVSTODVD . It plays on the pc under VLC. Haven't burnt but should play on standalone dvd player
    Quote Quote  
  30. Hi Dave,

That's odd because the other webm file I was able to convert having installed it as regular user.

If I re-install as admin do I then have to open ASDtoDVD as admin to use it to convert or can I run ASDtoDVD as regular user once installed?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by davexnet View Post

I assumed, since it's classed as a system-level install (the .ocx file goes in \Windows) that
    you should be logged into an Administrator account before running the install.
    Quote Quote