VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker or buy a VSO converter software :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Iím not enjoying the success Iíd had with my prior .webm file so itís watchable on a TV-DVD player so I thought I might take the route of converting the .webm file to .MP4 and then burning that to a DVD watchable on a TV-DVD player.

However, when I use the Convert/Save in VLC Media player (version 2.2.1 for Windows) it converts the .webm to a MP4 file but there is no audio, just video.

Hereís my VLC settings:

In VLC,
    [Audio] [Audio Device]
    A check mark next to Default.

Other choice is Speakers Sigma-Tel C-Major Audio.

In VLC,
    [Media] [Convert/ Save]
    [Capture Device] [Audio Device Name]

Other choices are None and Microphone (Sigma-Tel C-Major Au)

Iím not sure why VLC is converting only the video and not the audio as well?

Thanks so much.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi all,

I'm also trying to use ASDtoDVD as I had successfully before but I've hit a snag.Click image for larger version

Name:	6-10-2017 ASDtoDVD Error Message.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	41959

I seem to have hit a snag trying to convert another .webm.

I didn't change any settings.

This is what I got...

Process aborted during DVD AUTHORING operations!

Check following files for more details:

AVStoDVD log file <C:\Videos\Ric Steves Reformation Martin Luther\DVD.log>
    BatchMux log file <C:\Videos\Ric Steves Reformation Martin Luther\DVD_BatchMux.log>

For more troubleshooting on Authoring issues, see Help/FAQ/Authoring.

Before exiting, do you want to keep the temporary DVD assets files?

Any idea why's I'm getting this now?

Thanks so much.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    Iím not enjoying the success Iíd had with my prior .webm file so itís watchable on a TV-DVD player so I thought I might take the route of converting the .webm file to .MP4 and then burning that to a DVD watchable on a TV-DVD player.

However, when I use the Convert/Save in VLC Media player (version 2.2.1 for Windows) it converts the .webm to a MP4 file but there is no audio, just video.

Hereís my VLC settings:

In VLC,
    [Audio] [Audio Device]

Other choice is Speakers Sigma-Tel C-Major Audio.

In VLC,
    [Media] [Convert/ Save]
    [Capture Device] [Audio Device Name]

Other choices are None and Microphone (Sigma-Tel C-Major Au)

Iím not sure why VLC is converting only the video and not the audio as well?

Thanks so much.
    Thought you said it played on TV DVD player? what did you convert it to before.?
    Quote Quote  
  4. This is a different .webm file than the one I had success converting so that the other .webm file was watchable on a TV-DVD.

This "new" .webm file doesn't seem to convert using ASDtoDVD nor can VLC Media Player convert it to MP4 so I could burn it to a DVD-R watchable on a TV-DVD player.

This "new" .webm file plays perfectly on the laptop in VLC Media Player.

It just won't convert to the format(s) necessary for it to be watched on a TV-DVD Player.

Has anyone enjoyed success converting a .webm file to MP4 using any program?

Thank you for your help and insights.
    Quote Quote  
  5. aybe there is a problem with the .webm Get media info and look at it. Copy the details here. Remove any personal info at the path - the C:\ etc part-if tere is any
    Quote Quote