VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Thread
  1. Hi dave,

I followed your suggestions and it burns a DVD. Upon completion of the ImgBurn, it starts to play the video and seems fine.

When I insert that burned DVD-R (Memorex) into the DVD player connected to the TV it flashes the very first scene frame and defaults to an error screen advising to check the disc for scratches or smudges. There are none but I clean the DVD anyway, insert it again, same results.

I then try the same with a different DVD player connected to a different TV – same results.

I then burned a Phillips blank DVD and followed the same ImgBurn process – same results.
    I then try the same with a different DVD player connected to a different TV – same results.

I can insert commercial DVDs into these DVD players and they play with no problems.

I can insert DVDs I've burned with Ashampoo of these Memorex DVDs into both DVD players and they play with no problems.

I finally got AShampoo to burn a DVD of the Video_TS files but get the same error messages re: scratched or fingerprints on the DVD and/or just a plain error message when I insert that Ashampoo-burned DVD into both TV-DVD players.

I'm at a loss at what’s going on.

The 2 DVDs I burned with ImgBurn play fine on my laptop and desktop with built-in DVD players.

What would you suggest I try next?

Thanks so much.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi Sounds,

MultiMedia is highlighted on the left by default. The way I reached dvd video is to click on the upper tab named File and in the drop down menu chose DVD-video which opened ab ox with a Audio_TS and Video_TS with today's date, not the date they were created days ago.

So, I removed both and dragged the correct Video_TS folder into the box and clicked the red Burn button. It burned but when I insert that DVD into both DVD -TV players I get the scratched disk or disk error in both machines.

When I try to play it in VLC Media Player it starts for a second and the stops. I then click play again and it starts for a second and stops. It won't play.

These are DVDs which regularly work in both DVD-TV players.
    Are there ways/commercial products to clean TV-DVD players?

Thanks so much.
    Quote Quote  
  3. dave,

Am I searching for a log file in IMgBurn?

Or am I looking for the log file in ASDtoDVD which created the ripped video_TS file?

Thank you!

dave wrote:

There are no steps, the program creates the log automatically.
    I'm just asking you to post the log here in the thread so I can see what is going on

Either add the log as an attachment using the button "Upload Files", or just copy/paste directly into the text.[/QUOTE]
    Quote Quote  
  4. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    When I insert that burned DVD-R (Memorex)...
    If you're so eager to learn, learn this:

All DVD-R/+R brands, except Verbatim, are pretty much CRAP. So, figure it out.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    dave,

Am I searching for a log file in IMgBurn?

Or am I looking for the log file in ASDtoDVD which created the ripped video_TS file?

Thank you!

dave wrote:

There are no steps, the program creates the log automatically.
    I'm just asking you to post the log here in the thread so I can see what is going on

Either add the log as an attachment using the button "Upload Files", or just copy/paste directly into the text.
    I want to see the AVStoDVD log associated with the recent run which created something that you (later) burned.
    It should be in the same location as the output folder, that's where it always puts it.
    Without it, I can not help you further.

For example, you can see here the output folders from two runs, test_disk and test_disk_1
    These folders contain the video_ts folder inside.
    You can also see the associated log files.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	folder_dvd.png
Views:	40
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	41696  

Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    Hi Sounds,

MultiMedia is highlighted on the left by default. The way I reached dvd video is to click on the upper tab named File and in the drop down menu chose DVD-video which opened ab ox with a Audio_TS and Video_TS with today's date, not the date they were created days ago.

So, I removed both and dragged the correct Video_TS folder into the box and clicked the red Burn button. It burned but when I insert that DVD into both DVD -TV players I get the scratched disk or disk error in both machines.

When I try to play it in VLC Media Player it starts for a second and the stops. I then click play again and it starts for a second and stops. It won't play.

These are DVDs which regularly work in both DVD-TV players.
    Are there ways/commercial products to clean TV-DVD players?

Thanks so much.
    Don't remove them drag the video Ts folder in and burn
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Keyser View Post

I have successfully burnt several dvds with non verbatim brands using BurnAware free
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi dave,

I'll try to find that log file tonight and upload/share tomorrow.

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi Sounds,

The file I removed was of a video_TS for a completely different video ripped months ago so I didn't want that in the box with the one I just ripped and I'm trying to burn now.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sounds View Post
    Originally Posted by Keyser View Post

I have successfully burnt several dvds with non verbatim brands using BurnAware free
    I also have burned many disks buying various brands between 2005 and 2009 and the only items to give me trouble
    were DVD-RW and DVD+RW from Office Depot (their own store brand).
    The Media Code was not unique to them, the same ID could be found in Maxell disks, for example -
    and the Maxell Disks are still good today.
    I've got to believe the Office Depot disk were just poorly made that's all
    Quote Quote  
  11. Sounds and dave,

Thank you for your intelligent, experienced and helpful voices on the choice of blank DVDs.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    Hi Sounds,

The file I removed was of a video_TS for a completely different video ripped months ago so I didn't want that in the box with the one I just ripped and I'm trying to burn now.
    OK when you open BurnAware there will be a videoTS and audio TS folder in there. Drag in your tvideo Ts and it will replace the one there. Ignore the audio ts. Then burn
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hi Sounds.

That's what I did - isolated the video_TS for my current ripped video and then clicked the red Burn button - but the burned DVD will not play in any TV-DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    Hi Sounds.

That's what I did - isolated the video_TS for my current ripped video and then clicked the red Burn button - but the burned DVD will not play in any TV-DVD.
    click the video ts folder to open it Does it look like my screenshot with BUP IFO and VOB files? Don't worry if you do not have the orange cone. That is because my player is vlc. Look for BUP IFO and VOB files
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	videots.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	41697  

Last edited by Anonymous; 24th May 2017 at 15:13.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Something in your post disturbs me... I've never seen files named XTS_01_1.VOB, so I hope it's just a typo, since AVStoDVD should have created files named VTS_01_1.VOB, etc.

If the files are in fact named XTS_01_1, etc., then your settings are off - way off - in AVStoDVD.

The Video_TS folder had 8 files including XTS_01_1.VOB 1,048,574 KB
    XTS_01_2VOB 1,048,574 KB | XTS_01_3 VOB 1,048,574 KB | XTS_01_4VOB 605,768 KB

I opened Ashampoo and chose Burn Movies – Burn a Video DVD from a Prepared folder and it prompted me to insert a blank DVD (as it usually does) but once I inserted a blank DVD and clicked Next I heard it clicking (as usual) but it never started burning.

I tried 3 other new blank DVDs with no success.

I then installed the BurnAware free and chose DVD-Video and it said something like wrong file format but I clicked OK and it then displayed a window of Disc #1 of 1
    Applying Settings
    Checking files
    Preparing compilation
    Burn process started
    Closing track
    Burn process completed successfully. Average write speed: 24x

But, when I insert that DVD into the DVD player-TV I get this weird menu of MP3 – Root Audio_TS file and a Video_TS . I highlighted Video_TS and clicked play on the remote but nothing happens.

What adjustments can I make which will ensure a burned DVD will play in the DVD-TV player?

I have not yet installed any LAV filters. I thought someone was able to rip and burn without them, or did I miss something?

Thanks so much.
    So, just for grins, I opened up AVStoDVD and picked a random MP4 file and created a DVD folder structure (AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS folders) from it, then grabbed the first blank DVD I came to (one that happens to have been rattling around in my computer bag for over 6 months), and I burned the VIDEO_TS folder onto it using ImgBurn (the AUDIO_TS folder is unnecessary for a video DVD). It plays perfectly in my DVD player. Net elapsed time: 56 minutes (It took 35 minutes to encode a 1 hour video, and then 21 minutes to burn and verify the disc)

I am left, perforce, with one of two conclusions (assuming my first sentence above is correct and your files really are named VTS_01_1, etc.):
    Either 1: Your settings are off in your burn software,
    Or 2: Your DVD burner is not successfully burning the disc.

So here's what I suggest...
    Step 1: Take Ashampoo and throw it out the window (translate that as "uninstall it"). It's not doing you any good - in fact, it's costing you time and turning your good blank discs into coasters. That's fine if you're planning a beer-pong party, but just a tad expensive.
    Step 2: Take BurnAware and do the same thing (uninstall it). It may indeed serve a useful purpose, but frankly, this ain't it. ImgBurn is the most simple, straight-forward burning software I've ever used, and it will perform quite nearly any burning task you may need.
    Step 3: Be sure to use "Browse for folder" in ImgBurn. When you select the VIDEO_TS folder in ImgBurn, select JUST the VIDEO_TS folder. Don't select the parent folder, and you don't need the AUDIO_TS folder. The VIDEO_TS folder MUST be in the root directory on the DVD or it won't play in a standalone player. If VIDEO_TS is a subfolder of some other folder on the DVD, your DVD player will interpret the disc as a data disc, and will attempt to play media files (if it attempts anything at all). When you select just the VIDEO_TS folder in ImgBurn, either it will ask you if you are trying to create a DVD video, or it will simply change the settings for you.
    Step 4: (if it still doesn't work after step 3 above) Try burning the disc using a different drive. If you've been using your laptop, try burning it in your desktop, and vice versa. Laptops in particular use a lower-powered laser, so the disc sometimes will not play in a standalone DVD player, even though it will play in a computer. But I've also had desktop drives that went bad and just couldn't perform a successful burn to save their life, even though they could still read discs just fine. If you created the VIDEO_TS folder on an internal drive, copy it to a removable drive so you can burn it using a different computer.

PS: Maybe grab some screenshots as you are going along, and attach those here as well if you're still having problems. It helps if we have a visual picture of what you're doing.
    Do or do not. There is no "try." - Yoda
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    BTW, regarding the term "Rip"... as the great Inigo Montoya once said, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Ripping: the process of extracting video and/or audio data from a physical disc (CD, DVD, BD), and storing it on your hard drive. If it is a commercial video disc, then decrypting is a part of the process, but the overall process is still called ripping. (DVDfab uses the term "Ripping" for extracting a video and converting to a different format all in one step, and uses "Copy" if you're just extracting the video, but for decades, the term "Rip" has referred to just the extraction.)

Downloading, capturing: acquiring video from the internet or from another source either where you do not possess the original media (downloading), or where there is no original media, or the media is not digital (e.g. capturing video game play or capturing VHS playback).

Encoding, recoding, or converting: similar processes (with only minor differences, depending on your project) for changing a video - often from one format to another. (i.e., from MP4 to VOB)

Burning: the process of storing video and/or audio and/or data onto an optical disc (CD, DVD, BD).
    Do or do not. There is no "try." - Yoda
    Quote Quote  
  17. @eager to learn

Did it work for you. ?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Hey awgie,

You mentioned in a prior post you can "burn" a DVD from an ISO using ImgBurn.

How have you done that (step-by-step, please).

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  19. So, are you suggesting when one converts a .webm video into a video_TS format so that it can then be burned on to a DVD that process is called "recoding" or simply "converting"?

Thank you for the clarification of terms.

Originally Posted by awgie View Post
    BTW, regarding the term "Rip"... as the great Inigo Montoya once said, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Ripping: the process of extracting video and/or audio data from a physical disc (CD, DVD, BD), and storing it on your hard drive. If it is a commercial video disc, then decrypting is a part of the process, but the overall process is still called ripping. (DVDfab uses the term "Ripping" for extracting a video and converting to a different format all in one step, and uses "Copy" if you're just extracting the video, but for decades, the term "Rip" has referred to just the extraction.)

Downloading, capturing: acquiring video from the internet or from another source either where you do not possess the original media (downloading), or where there is no original media, or the media is not digital (e.g. capturing video game play or capturing VHS playback).

Encoding, recoding, or converting: similar processes (with only minor differences, depending on your project) for changing a video - often from one format to another. (i.e., from MP4 to VOB)

Burning: the process of storing video and/or audio and/or data onto an optical disc (CD, DVD, BD).
    Quote Quote  
  20. Hi Sounds,

Did which work for me?

So, far I do not yet have a DVD of the .webm file watchable on a TV-DVD player...but I'm working on it!

Thanks.

@eager to learn

Did it work for you. ?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    Hi Sounds,

Did which work for me?

So, far I do not yet have a DVD of the .webm file watchable on a TV-DVD player...but I'm working on it!

Thanks.

@eager to learn

Did it work for you. ?
    I was asking if you managed to make a DVD watchable on a TV-DVD player.? I note your position
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    So, are you suggesting when one converts a .webm video into a video_TS format so that it can then be burned on to a DVD that process is called "recoding" or simply "converting"?

Thank you for the clarification of terms.

Originally Posted by awgie View Post

So, are you suggesting when one converts a .webm video into a video_TS format so that it can then be burned on to a DVD that process is called "recoding" or simply "converting"?
    it is converting but it may be re encoded during the conversion. You need to read up on types video files/containers/conversion etc. Ripping is when you copy a DVD to your computer as in "ripped dvd to hard drive" It makes a copy of the DVD, in proper DVD structure, on your hard drive

A trial of convertxtodvd may make you a video TS with your .webm that you can burn/play on tv. It has a burner included https://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/
    Quote Quote  
  23. Where did you get your file you want to convert. Is it one shot with a camera or downloaded? How big is it?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Hi Sounds, Have you used convertxtodvd?

Thanks.

Sounds wrote:

A trial of convertxtodvd may make you a video TS with your .webm that you can burn/play on tv. It has a burner included https://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/[/QUOTE]
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    Hi Sounds, Have you used convertxtodvd?
    I always use it. It is version 4 i have
    Quote Quote  
  26. I just downloaded the latest version - 7 - I think.

How could it hurt at this point?

Off topic - have you found a good video downloader?

I generally use the FF - Ant Media add-on but it won't download a video (non YouTube) on a commercial Web site.

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    I just downloaded the latest version - 7 - I think.

How could it hurt at this point?

Off topic - have you found a good video downloader?

I generally use the FF - Ant Media add-on but it won't download a video (non YouTube) on a commercial Web site.

Thank you!
    Did you look at the permissions for ant media add on

Please note this add-on uses legacy technology, which gives it access to all browser functions and data without requesting your permission.
    How big is your .webm and is it from camera or where?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Hi All,

It turns out the issue was that I needed to set the format for converting to NTSC format the default setting of PAL.

ASDtoDVD in conjunction with ImgBurn worked perfectly.

Thank you ALL for your helpful, kind, generous and patient suggestions.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    Hi All,

It turns out the issue was that I needed to set the format for converting to NTSC format the default setting of PAL.

ASDtoDVD in conjunction with ImgBurn worked perfectly.

Thank you ALL for your helpful, kind, generous and patient suggestions.
    Well done for not giving up
    Quote Quote  
  30. Sounds,

Thank you.

Helpful people like you and others on this thread made it a whole lot easier for which I'm very grateful.

Best to you all.
    Quote Quote