VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi -- I have done some de-interlacing in Win 8 using MeGUI, AviSynth, Virtualdub, and QTGMC, and it works great.

I'm trying to get the same thing set up in a Win XP virtual machine so I can process the files while still in my normal Linux environment, and I'm having troubles.

These are VOB's that have been converted to MPEG-2 .mpg files (I used dvdvob2mpg to do that.)

Here is the process I use successfully in Win 8: I open MeGUI, open the AVS Script Creator, choose the video file, and use "File Indexer". I select FFMSIndex, queue it, and run the indexer. It re-opens with the script creator window, which I use to configure QTGMC, etc, and then save. I open the .avs file in Virtualdub and save it as an uncompressed AVI which I use for editing, etc.

Again, that works fine in Win 8. In the XP VM, however, I have troubles. After installing some codecs and so forth (ffdshow, and the mpeg-2 plugin for virtualdub, and the FFMS2 plugins into AviSynth), I can open the .mpg file in Windows Media Player, VLC, Virtualdub, and via Avisynth in MeGUI using a DirectShow source. When trying to make an AVS script, I successfully generate the FFMS index (the preview windows appear through the process just fine, though not the "preview AVS script" window). But when I try to open the AVS script in either MeGUI or Virtualdub I get a "FFVideoSource: No video track found" error.

And something else has now gone wrong: now I can't even generate the index to make the AVS file: when I try to run the queue it just says "error". I installed another copy of MeGUI and same thing... it's going from bad to worse. :-)

Any hints are appreciated as to what I'm doing wrong! Thanks,
    -c
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You ought to use MPEG2Source (DGSource) for mpeg2. Demux it into an m2v elementary stream, mpg is unnecessary.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Brilliant -- that worked great, thanks!
    Quote Quote