VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all. I've been searching, in vain, for a simple YouTube video editor. Everything I've looked at that talks about simple and easy to use also talks about sophisticated and professional yadda yadda. I only want to clip YouTube vids. That's all. I tried the YouTube video editor, but the video I downloaded and then attempted to edit, I couldn't. I have no idea why and when I asked on the YT channel where the tutorial was given, I got no response.

I have no knowledge of serious video editing and don't seek it. I simply need to be able to chop YouTube vids for use on my WordPress.com blog. (I couldn't get anywhere with Tubechop either.) The prog doesn't have to be free. It just has to be simple and work.

Any help would be appreciated.
    * About 32 trillion $ sit, untaxed, in offshore tax havens, while 'leaders' whine that they can't afford social spending!! *
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Arby, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try AviDemux its available here and its free, and this site has tutorials you can download
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't have any video editor to suggest, but as someone who has had to file complaints about unauthorized use of my YouTube content (and I've also been the recipient of a "take down" order from YouTube), you should be aware that many companies, as well as individuals, may come after you if you don't first ask permission to use their stuff.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Mods: I can't make heads or tails of your rules. Honestly. There's no intention here to flaunt them. I just have no idea what you want. Newbie and general - How the hell can what I just posted, in this thread, not fall into that category? Sheesh! I always have to guess. You can berate me all you want, if it makes you feel superior, but I am never enlightened by it, if you care to know.

Everyone else. Thanks. The vids I'm interested in probably aren't going to be problematic. No different than when I quote an article or book, with attribution. It's all politics. I want to use a few seconds or minutes of something, is all. I wouldn't think of not attributing or claiming authorship of the referenced quote. But thanks for the warning. If I get stung, I can't say you didn't warn me.
    * About 32 trillion $ sit, untaxed, in offshore tax havens, while 'leaders' whine that they can't afford social spending!! *
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Arby View Post
    Mods: I can't make heads or tails of your rules. Honestly. There's no intention here to flaunt them. I just have no idea what you want. Newbie and general - How the hell can what I just posted, in this thread, not fall into that category? Sheesh! I always have to guess. You can berate me all you want, if it makes you feel superior, but I am never enlightened by it, if you care to know.

Everyone else. Thanks. The vids I'm interested in probably aren't going to be problematic. No different than when I quote an article or book, with attribution. It's all politics. I want to use a few seconds or minutes of something, is all. I wouldn't think of not attributing or claiming authorship of the referenced quote. But thanks for the warning. If I get stung, I can't say you didn't warn me.
    This is a public(?) forum you know.....just ignore the armchair lawyers and wait for the next sane person.

Having said that....AviDemux is a good start. The reason threads like this don't get much attention is that there are MANY MANY variables involved in something that is seemingly so simple.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks again all. I will download and check out Avidemux as recommended. Later...
    Quote Quote