VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Pretty darn cool. Look forward to seeing demos.

But I do take issue with 2 things:

they're being over- literal with the "new sensor" claim - there have been multilayer sensor chips before (incl. Foveon, fuji's? super DR, a number of experimental ones). This is just the 1st one to be put on a smartphone.

They quote up to 960 or 1000fps at HD rez in one section, but in the specs table, they say only up to 240fps for fullhd/720. Which one is it? Or is there some other elements in the comparison not being told?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  2. -- deleted --
    Last edited by SameSelf; 15th Feb 2017 at 16:10. Reason: caused confusion, not germane to the thread title
    Quote Quote  
  3. Note the description at youtube says it was taken with the sensor, not with the phone.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks, Cpt. Obvious. Perhaps we will see it in a handful of flagships late 2017? But, don't quote me on that, just chatter from the interwebs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SameSelf View Post
    Thanks, Cpt. Obvious.
    Not so obvious when you have smartphone in the thread title.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by KarMa View Post
    Thanks, Cpt. Obvious.
    Yep, my bad, should have refrained from replying to Scott's request for a demo since so many forum members are easily confused. I should've just let my OP stand as is. Better hurry and delete it to avoid further confusion.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by KarMa View Post
    Thanks, Cpt. Obvious.
    Yep, my bad, should have refrained from replying to Scott's request for a demo since so many forum members are easily confused. I should've just let my OP stand as is. Better hurry and delete it to avoid further confusion.
    For the sake of continuity, the youtube link Selfie deleted demonstrating the sensor's capabilites: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFdU-JjypWs
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  8. with a SD card class 51 lol (so in 2030 basically)
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm so glad I don't have a facebook account. I can imagine the latest generation of home videos I don't want to watch are being uploaded already.
    Quote Quote