VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everybody,
    I used mkvtoolNix to mux a srt sub + a psg sub into a mkv file, then played it by a Sony BD player (through a usb stick).
    Only srt sub is shown on the screen, PSG sub is not shown. (?!!)
    Everyone know why, please hepl me??
    Last edited by anhlinhp4; 13th Feb 2017 at 02:27.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Simply means the SONY BD player does not support PGS subs within a MKV file. No reason other than the design. Very few media players do. My Popcorn A-500 does (SRT, MicroDVD SUB, SSA/ASS, SUB/IDX, PGS, SMI, OpenSubtitles) and I think the Dune players also support PGS but very few if any of the major brands like SONY support all the combinations possible with the MKV container format. The safest bet is SRT and even then many media players don't support any thing other than a vanilla MKV file ie Video and Audio.

The A-500 Video Support includes
    M1V, M2V, M4V, M2P, MPG, VOB TS, TP, TRP, M2T, M2TS, MTS, AVI, ASF, WMV, MKV, 3DMKV, MKV MVC, 3D BD ISO, DVD ISO, MOV, MP4, RMP4, AVC, HEVC
    Last edited by netmask56; 13th Feb 2017 at 04:57.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Why? Ask Sony.

They produce both content and playback equipment. The content side doesn't want anything that could encourage piracy. The playback side needs to keep up with everybody else in terms of features. So Sony is the last major manufacturer to support any feature that may make it easier for you to view pirated content.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Or legally ripped material that you own. SONY just really doesn't care about consumers who use anything other than their proprietary products.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you all for your opinions!
    Shame on Sony that supports that sup.
    Quote Quote